Christian Benteke

Kwan

Liverpool fans are absolutely mental.

Apparently Benteke has the touch of a dirty old man, is slow turning and average and also averages 12 goals per season (well, it's something like 42 goals in 88-90 games)... erg... rocket polishers.

We can't forget this is the same group of rocket polishers who reckon sterling is worth £50mill :crylaugh:

And as I've said before we should start by asking for at least £70 million then if that's the case. Sterling has done nothing in the game.

I understand some of the reasoning on that Liverpool board r.e: not wanting Benteke (better value abroad, wanting quicker, more mobile strikers) but to class him as "average" and alongside Andy Carroll (who I actually think is a decent striker) is absurd.

They're a proper odd bunch.

Yep. Complaining that they'd get better value elsewhere would make sense. Benteke will be as expensive now as he's ever been.

But most of them seem to think he's crap. Which is absurd

Hopefully FSG will tell Rogers to do one when he goes over to the US for his meeting.  Leaving Liverpool without a manager for most of the transfer window and Tim can sit CB down and talk some sense into him / offer him a £100k contract.

Van Gaal doesn't seem to be interested, he doesn't fit Wenger's style and City seem to be planning to spunk £200m on Messi so the most natural fit would seem be Chelsea, but I hope wanting to play every week would be enough to hold them off this window.

1 more year please Christian.

There's a link to the Daily Star on NewsNow that says Benteke has said that he wants to leave for Liverpool, but only if he can be assured that he'll be a starter.

There's no quotes in the article, so it's probably best taken with a pinch of salt, but there you go.

(I can't be arsed to find the article again, shorten the link, and paste part of the article but it's easy to find if you're interested in reading it).

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

There's a link to the Daily Star on NewsNow that says Benteke has said that he wants to leave for Liverpool, but only if he can be assured that he'll be a starter.

There's no quotes in the article, so it's probably best taken with a pinch of salt, but there you go.

(I can't be arsed to find the article again, shorten the link, and paste part of the article but it's easy to find if you're interested in reading it).

Daily Star with no quotes?

VietnamSaltMountain.jpg

• Like 2

I'm sure Benteke would want assurances like that , what with the stunning strike force of Borini (Shit) ,Lambert (Old) , Sturridge (Sicknote) ,Sterling ( Man City) and Balotelli ( Useless)  he would certainly struggle to hold down a place ...

Also going by Benteke's interviews he doesn't strike me as the typa guy who would doubt his ability to play for anyone ...

File under Bullshit 

Surely gotta be a piss take. Benteke, Milner & ings could easily be contenders for best transfer trio of the summer.

Another ballotelli? I'm actually angry!

I think if Liverpool did go out and buy Benteke, Milner and Ings, then they probably would be challenging for the title next year. That would be brilliant business, yet they don't seem happy with it? Odd. 

• Like 1

They have a very low success with signing players who turn how to be good enough for top 4, most turn out to be tosh although they struck gold with Suarez those type of signing seems a minority.

They really are an odd set of supporters if they even doubt Benteke's quality he's been doing the business in the prem for 3 years even after an Achilles tendon injury.

It could be because we watch him every game and see what he does for our team and Liverpool don't tend to watch our games, so their opinions are based off word of mouth.

Liverpool fans need to understand they are not a top 4 club

Benteke is the best striker they can get at the minute we do not need to sell and bigger clubs than Liverpool will be interested in him

He's in demand and the bidding will start at 30 million

Either pay up or fock off

• Like 1

Liverpool fans need to understand they are not a top 4 club

Benteke is the best striker they can get at the minute we do not need to sell and bigger clubs than Liverpool will be interested in him

He's in demand and the bidding will start at 30 million

Either pay up or fock off

FIVE TIMES FIVE TIMES FIVE TIMES FIVE TIMES FIVE TIMES

etc

Â