Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yeah if Liverpool are in a race then they're f**ked. The only way they're getting him is if they have a clear run at him.

Honestly if we are even considering offers near £20ml I can't see Chelsea/United and Arsenal not being interesting.United use Fellani as a target man why not buy an actual target man.Chelsea need another decent striker if they want to compete over multiply trophies as Costa is injury prone and is a walking red card.I also think playing at Chelsea with Hazard would be a big draw at them seem to be good friends.

Tim Sherwood reveals Aston Villa could be helpless to stop Christian Benteke leaving as he has a release clause in his contract
  • Christian Benteke has a release clause believed to stand at £32.5million
  • Tim Sherwood says it could be impossible for Aston Villa to keep him 
  • The Villa boss believes Benteke should hold out for a move to Real Madrid 

Does seem weird that Sherwood has chosen to let people know if they didn't already know so close to such an important game. Seems really strange.

We really don't need to be advertising out biggest asset to other clubs!

As long as the fee is reinvested a long with any money we were planning to spend we should be fine. The chances of that happening with Lerner still looking to sell are probably slim though.

• Like 1

Does seem weird that Sherwood has chosen to let people know if they didn't already know so close to such an important game. Seems really strange.

Unless Sherwood wants to sell and rebuild...

TBF to Sherwood its pretty clear Liverpool have been leaking their interest to the press so he has just been honest about it.I do find it funny one article stating Liverpool can offer european football when 1) we have the chance at the same 2) They failed abysmally in europe last season in both cups  !!

Unless Sherwood wants to sell and rebuild...

Almost seems that way doesn't it?

If he's been told he's getting no money and any transfers have to be purchased through player sales then it really is the final stab in the back from Randy. A nice parting shot.

If that's true whoever was daft enough to put that clause in needs a check up from the neck up, Daft idiots.. I though a buy out clause was supposed to be higher than the players actual value? If Sterling is worth 50m then Benteke can't be far off that and a buy out clause should have been set way higher than 32.5m, Goodness me this club does itself no favours! Also why is our manager releasing this kind of info on the eve of an FA cup final?

Â