Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Haha. He didn't do what lots of other players do. 

On a positive note, it was nice to have a midfield player who could drive forward with the ball yesterday. Bacuna could have kept hourihane out but that silly decision has made it easy for Bruce. 

Found this interesting from Bruce in the Mail.

Makes him sound like a bit of a dick to be honest. 

“How could I leave him out of the game on Tuesday?

“He’s dropped himself which is unfortunate.

“In the heat of the moment it can get like that.

“We know the throw-in has got to come into our box and the frustration spilled over.”

And he explained a little more about the midfielder’s character and his chances of playing in the future.

“With Leo it’s all about himself.

“He tests the manager every day,

“He’s always late. He’s in at 9.29am if we’re in at 9.30am. If it’s 1pm, he’s here at 12.59pm.

“He just makes a habit of being late. Maybe it’s just his nature.

“But he’s reminded me again that he’s a good player.”

He clearly suggests Bacuna make a habit of turning up late. 

Got a bloke a my place that rocks into work with about a minute to spare. But cutting it so fine means that the slightest little delay in traffic means your late, which he is all to often. 

Maybe its the same situation with Bacuna. 

But:

'All about Leo'

'He tests the manager every day

They suggest an attitude problem however you read it, and there were suggestions of this last season, hence many fans turning on him . It wasn't all down to the silly CL quote. 

Petulance personified.....its a shame he can't show that tigerish attitude with his opponents as opposed the officials.

Grade 1 plonker.

ps little shit IMO

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Agree totally with this. I love the rugby referees, the way they talk to and advise the players during the game, but also take absolutely no shit from them.

One word of dissent and they are off to the sin bin. Also, by the way, something football would do well to adopt. An immediate 10 minutes of advantage to the opposing side as well as a cooling off period for the player.

And I do not accept this `passionate player' being used as an excuse; rugby players are no less passionate than football players, and rugby is a much more aggressive game.

There is no excuse for the way footballers behave, they really are spoilt prima donnas.

I am not sure advise is the right word?

What they do is TELL them the rationale behind their decision.....They expect no back answers, no compromise.......and guess what, they don't get it.

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

Petulance personified.....its a shame he can't show that tigerish attitude with his opponents as opposed the officials.

Grade 1 plonker.

ps little shit IMO

He does. All the time. He is a hothead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Found this interesting from Bruce in the Mail.

Makes him sound like a bit of a dick to be honest. 

Not sure if it's sarcasm or written wrong, because by that english it is intimating that he is always 1 minute early.:huh:

EDIT: Having thought about it, I am guessing they are supposed to have time to prepare etc for whatever. Hence "late"

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure if it's sarcasm or written wrong, because by that english it is intimating that he is always 1 minute early.:huh:

EDIT: Having thought about it, I am guessing they are supposed to have time to prepare etc for whatever. Hence "late"

Yes, presumably you're not able to begin training within 60 seconds of locking the car door. 

• Like 2

To be fair if I was playing yesterday, haven't won in 11 games and we're 1-0 up in the final minutes, the linesman is stood a yard away and makes the wrong call to give Derby another chance at getting a shot on goal, I think a lot of passionate players would flip out and yell, without any backlash. The difference is he's not screamed his head off and flailed about away from the ref. He's gone right up to him. 

Dunno what to think of this one really. I do think he puts in a shift every match and he deserves another chance when he's available for selection again. 

If he's late for training, or has an attitude, Bruce or any one of the previous 174 managers we've had in the last few years could have disciplined him, tried to move him on, left him out the squad, not given him 2 contract extensions since he signed for us. 

The attitude to training and the club doesn't add up to the actions of the club for me. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I am not sure advise is the right word?

What they do is TELL them the rationale behind their decision.....They expect no back answers, no compromise.......and guess what, they don't get it.

I agree with what you say about explaining their decision, but I was not actually referring to that, though I may not have made that clear.

What I mean is where the referee will say, ``White, 10, back'', to prevent them committing a foul, or almost coaching them about various actions in,for instance, the scrum.

I find it quite fascinating.

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I agree with what you say about explaining their decision, but I was not actually referring to that, though I may not have made that clear.

What I mean is where the referee will say, ``White, 10, back'', to prevent them committing a foul, or almost coaching them about various actions in,for instance, the scrum.

I find it quite fascinating.

Sorry AB yes I understand.

I am fascinated by it too.....short shrift to the point, does tend to COMMAND respect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Grade 1 plonker.

ps little shit IMO

For once, I'm going to disagree with you, in my opinion, he always puts a shift and gives 100%. For that reason, I like him and I think he is worthy of a squad place at least

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

For once, I'm going to disagree with you, in my opinion, he always puts a shift and gives 100%. For that reason, I like him and I think he is worthy of a squad place at least

Your right, we are going to disagree.....I thought for spells yesterday, I forgot he was playing.....he got better in terms of work rate.

Blows hot & cold for me.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Your right, we are going to disagree.....I thought for spells yesterday, I forgot he was playing.....he got better in terms of work rate.

Blows hot & cold for me.

Fair enough, in my opinion, he's a good player for where we are but on the other hand, he's probably on a Premier League contract, seeing as he signed a new 5 year deal not too long ago. Who do you prefer Bacuna or Hutton at right back?

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Fair enough, in my opinion, he's a good player for where we are but on the other hand, he's probably on a Premier League contract, seeing as he signed a new 5 year deal not too long ago. Who do you prefer Bacuna or Hutton at right back?

Bree...:)

Hutton I guess, but for me he is suspect too.

Like all our players, they have good bits and not so good bits.

Hutton has the same trait as most of the players.....ball watches too much ,drifts out of position, but does have a bit of muscle and resilience.

He will be good when he develops.....just joking:)

or am I if he was 19 as opposed to 32 i would be happier, thinking there is something to come.