Jores Okore

Jesperchr

16 minutes ago, Richard said:

That's why I truly believe we will struggle next season. There is just too much to change. It's not about players or manager as I get the I,press ion some people believe changing the players and getting a new manager and it will be ok. The culture at the club, the way we do things needs a complete and total change. I'm afraid it's just too much to change in 3 months. 

I also think we will. We are seeing how the poison at the top has now trickled down. We need to get rid of the man at the top to bring in somebody who can rebuild and who won't care for who they think are fan favourites. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Remember a similar scenario with Mon & NRC

different personalities, but similar problem.

NRC never refused to play despite his frustrations, of being left out.

The manager must reserve the right to the ultimate call.....whether he is right or wrong

No, he didn't, he just had a fight with MON at BH instead!

As I recall he said he wanted to play in the CL and his agent said he had been trying to discuss his client's future for a couple of weeks with the club. The caretaker manager said he was unwilling to sit on the bench and Okore disputes that now pointing to the fact that he had done so previously. He is now excluded from the first team squad.

Does the club want to offer him a new contract? Are they looking to freeze him out? Are they looking to turn the fans against him? Does he really want to sit on the bench? Does he still want to play for us? Would he sign a new contract and stay with us following our relegation?

I am not sure that all of those answers are yes and I would guess that only the second and third may be.   

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MuleAthon said:

eed4f9430967e807f72474be6e98b94a.jpg

Seriously wtf is going on? Black is picking players based on 37 years experience in the game? Come on pal 99 % of Villa fans would have picked Okore ahead of the rest of the alternatives at cb. Adama can't even make the bench squad /bench ahead of f'kin Richardson. There is definitely more than meets the eye going on here Imo. 

• Like 2

Why is black alienating our players for gods sake. Okore, Adama for example? For me his team selections have been utter garbage. How does lescott and that other idiot bacuna get starts? Honestly blacks lame, very lame. No objections if he leaves in the summer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

That's why I truly believe we will struggle next season. There is just too much to change. It's not about players or manager as I get the I,press ion some people believe changing the players and getting a new manager and it will be ok. The culture at the club, the way we do things needs a complete and total change. I'm afraid it's just too much to change in 3 months. 

I started as one of the more optimistic posters on this site, but at this point I have to agree with you. 

I mean, look at the facts. Our best centre back is currently suspended, accused of refusing to play, while he posts on social media accusing the caretaker manager of lying about him. When you add it on to all the other notable player catastrophes this season, it's clear the club is just a disaster zone. 

• Like 4

On 4/22/2016 at 16:30, Delphinho123 said:

I'm going to try this out on Monday.

I'll let VillaTalk know how I get on. Fingers crossed, I'd love a couple of weeks off. 

It didn't go well. Don't try this one, guys. 
I told them 'not to consider me this week or next as I just didn't fancy it'.

Anyone know of any jobs going? 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DK82 said:

I think the club want us to turn on him so they have an excuse not to offer a contract.

There is not a chance that he would accept a new contract so I think this conspiracy theory is a non-starter. The most likely scenario is that he will be sold in the summer and any controversy now is only reducing his value so there is no advantage to the club making this issue public

To be honest I'm mystified by any support for Okore - he was asked to sit on the bench and he refused.  It doesn't matter one bit whether he or we think he is better than players picked ahead of him.  I'm sure the vast majority of players think they should be in the team but if each of them refused to sit on the bench it would be chaos. 

He is a decent player but he can FRO for me. He should be sacked for breach of contract but then we would forego a fee when he enevitably is sold in the summer

16 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

christ.. havent been on here for a while as i needed a couple of weeks break from villa, good to see were still going strong

Stronger than ever may I add. Assumption being our strength lies in our affinity for utter incompetence.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

None at Villa Park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

17 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

None at Villa Park.

There's a couple going on the Villa board. Any experience running a national bank?

So, we have a whole lot of players that cant play, at least 1 that wont play, one thats too unfit to play and now one that doesent want to play.Maybe this whole page should be in the jokes thread ?! 

Â