Jores Okore

Jesperchr

however lets look at it from his point of view for a moment, if you knew you were better than richards and lescott (which most of us even on here are) and they were getting picked ahead of you, you wouldnt be best pleased.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

No defence whatsoever. Doesn't matter if Doris the tea lady is picking the team, you accept the decision as a professional footballer and keep your head down, work hard in training and carry on. He clearly has no intention whatsoever of being here next season so I can see why he's not in the team

Utter cockwomble of a player. 

I get it Xela and I wouldn't argue with what your saying as a general rule. 

I find it distasteful at best, BUT in this instance I can see the players POV. 

Football has its own rules compared to other industries, but as much as Okore deserves punishment, Black is guilty of Gross negligence/misconduct by picking those two ahead of him. 

loads of people on here taking the stance against Okore. I assume they all 'yes sir, no sir' at work all week, regardless of what they are being told or how they are treated? I respect my manager and do as I am told 90% of the time, but sometimes you have just got to stand up for what you believe in. Just because it's football, why should it be any different? Okore clearly believes he deserves the shirt ahead of two of the worst defenders I've ever seen in Claret and Blue and I agree with him!

As I said, he should of just squared black up for a straighter, not refuse to play. 

A fellow member has sent me a translated arcticle from a Danish site that has interviewed Okore. The member doesn't post so I'll whack it up. Okore comes across ok and certainly not some mutinous prick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

He might have a valid point. But all that goes out of the window when he says "I didn't even know who he was when I heard it" Merson should be sacked for impersonating a football pundit! 

I Think he said it in jest as to belittle Okore as Okore has belittled Villa!

• Like 1

”That I don’t get to play is one of the worst things I’ve tried so far. Worse than my injury break and of course my mood is affected. I really want to show what I’m capable of and I feel that I have something to offer but I’m not allowed to. I think that’s harder than knowing you can’t physically perform.”

“Everyone wants to play games and my teammates have their opinions about things as well. Of course you have to say how you feel to the manager, otherwise you won’t get far. You have to air out your opinions once in a while and its not healthy to keep quiet for too long. I feel like I deserve a better chance than what I’ve been given and more than just sitting on the bench and being outside of the team. That’s why I’ve told him and now when you ask why I don’t practice with the first team, you’ll get to know why.”

“I want to be a part of the team and the games but I’m happy that I’ve been able to say how I feel and I felt like it had to be said. Its been a relief to me. But of course it isn’t easy with the situation the club is in, that I go out and say what I’ve said but it’s a choice I’ve made and I’m okay with it. I’m happy being honest with myself.”

A statistic is brought up: Okore has played 12 games and in those games, Villa has got 11 of the 16 points total for the season, meaning that Villa has only gotten 5 points in the 22 games without Okore.

“The manager has his opinions and reasons to not play me and personally, I do not understand them because as a team, we haven’t functioned especially well and our defense has been all over the place. It’s not just because it hasn’t worked when I haven’t played but I feel that I give us a better chance of winning and that’s what I’ve been out saying and that’s what the manager hasn’t taken that well.

“I’ve told the director of the club that I’m happy about the things I’ve said and that it probably wasn’t what they wanted to hear but I’m happy and content that I’ve said them. At least it has helped my own mood.”

“No, I haven’t been told that I don’t have a future at the club. Right now there’s another situation that’s more pressing within the club. We’ve now definitively been relegated but they haven’t said anything about breaking off our deal.”

“It’s hard to say what is going to happen with me because we haven’t got a permanent manager at the moment so we’ll have to see whose coming in and what he wants to do. We’ll take it from there. There’s a lot of insecurity right now and no one really knows what is going to happen. It’s a big club that’s been relegated and the situation might be a bit stressful. I’m trying to keep calm.”

“I myself feel that I’ve been god enough. I might not have been the best player or have done the most elegant things on the field but I feel that the games I’ve played and the results we’ve gotten in those games, speak for themselves. Or course you’re going to lose some matches and we have gotten “or ass handed to us” in the games I’ve played against the biggest teams but besides that we performed better when I played and we showed that we weren’t the deepest of crisis in that period. There was more hope I think. But if the manager does think that, then that’s his opinion.

On the time under Sherwood: “I was told at some point by the doctors that I shouldn’t play anymore but at that time I didn’t listen because we were in a situation where everyone was needed and I was had to play.”

Somewhat affected by the question: “I should have had knee surgery at that time but I waited until the season was over and we were safe. There were some small issues with the knee which meant that I unfortunately had to have another surgery but I took a chance for the team and recovered well from the operation and had a good preseason so fortunately nothing serious happened.”

Q -  Are the people surrounding Aston Villa aware of what you’re saying?

A - “Nah, I don’t think the fans in Aston Villa are aware of this. Just having a knee surgery is a lot to go through so I don’t think they know what I sacrificed. It could have gotten even worse than it did and that’s how it is. I’m not the type of player who goes to the media and talks about this stuff but when you ask me, you’ll get an honest response. I had hoped that there was more gratitude towards my sacrifice. That’s more in terms of the club that it is important to get that recognition than from the fans. The fans know that I’ll always give a hundred percent.

Q - Could you say that you gave more than a hundred percent?

A - “I’ll have to say yes”

Q - Do you fear losing your spot in the national team if you stay in The Championship?

A - “No, there are other player on the team who plays in The Championship so in that sense you might say that I wouldn’t hurt me to play in that league. It’s more about getting as much playing time as possible and if I’m not playing now and we keep the same roster, it’s probably going to be difficult getting playing time in The Championship as well so we’ll see how the new manager sees it when he gets hired”

Taken from here: http://www.bt.dk/fodbold/aerlig-okore-taler-ud-om-skade-og-konflikt-med-klub-det-vaerste-jeg-har-proevet

interesting re the points tally with vs without him - now I agree with him even more :P

Edited by blandy
tidy up formatting
  • Like 1

Jesus wept I don't know what's happened wit that post. 

It was a straight copy/paste job from a message and now it won't let me edit it, delete the text or anything. 

Stoopid IPad, stoopid formatting and stoopid person operating - sorry! 

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

however lets look at it from his point of view for a moment, if you knew you were better than richards and lescott (which most of us even on here are) and they were getting picked ahead of you, you wouldnt be best pleased.

He's done nothing to show he's better than them. As piss poor.

However no, I wouldn't be best pleased. Nor do I expect him to be. 

What I expect him to do is knuckle down and fight for his place and not act like a child.

So, as you've suggested, I've looked at it from his point of view and i've come to the conclusion that he's a complete bellend.

• Like 2

Yep still absolute shite, but......

11 points in 12 games he has played 

5 points in 22 when he hasn't 

He's better than Lescott and Richards by a country mile, despite the fact he's not that good himself and he's shown some desire to play - can you imagine the chuckle brothers playing through the pain barrier and risking long term unjury for us?!

9 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Who were those games against?

Lescott has won us 4 points himself with his goals.

Leicester, Norwich, Palace, West Ham, Southampton, West Brom, Newcastle

Only games we got points without him was Bournemouth, Sunderland and City

dunno and can't be arsed to look. 

You're with trolling with that Lescott comment. How many has he cost us with his general poor play and turning circle akin to a West Mids travel Bus? 

its a travesty that players like Okore and Adama are being kept out by the likes of Lescott and Bacuna. 

Black is taking the piss out of us and them. If it really is some grand plan to make the players who got us into this suffer, he needs to come out and say so. The daft prick. 

5 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

You're with trolling with that Lescott comment. How many has he cost us with his general poor play and turning circle akin to a West Mids travel Bus? 

I wasn't bigging lescott up. I was just highlighting that he's been responsible for some points.

If I was, in anyway shape or form involved as a player this season at villa park, I wouldn't be highlighting the minimal points we accumulated with me in the team (ironically against the other shite teams in the league). I'd be hanging my head in shame.

I support the lad and hope he stays with us as I think he would be a huge player for us in the championship. Him in the degree of defence and Amavi on the left wouldn't be too bad at all

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

Including him refusing to do his job?  He's got a point, and I think he's a better choice for the team than Lescott or Richards  too, but to refuse to do his job makes him very much part of the problem. It is unacceptable behaviour.

I think he should be playing, he thinks he should be playing. Eric black is a totally incompetent fuktard . Jores has always come across as a dedicated happy lad . Refusing to be in the bench may be the wrong way to express his feelings but he must have been mightily pissed off and to be honest I in my current physical state would be pissed off if lescott and Richards were picked in front of me

• Like 2

Â