Jores Okore

Jesperchr

9 hours ago, KHV said:

I think Okore is a very sloppy centre back. I have never rated him in his time here

He is sloppy yes, but for me he more than makes up for that with his outstanding physical ability and his ability to recover. 

He's lucky that he's good enough to be welcomed back, if that is the case. Needs to have a word first with himself and then his agent. 

• Like 3

I'd also like Okore to get a second chance, through his fault and our fault he hasnt yet achieved what I orignally thought I saw in him, so I would like to see him get another chance

Our best results came when he was playing... He is hands down our best defender at the club. Id prefer any of the other CB's to get the punt before him. Hes still young too. A good pre season without injury with a new fitness coach could do him wonders too. 

I am trying to see the positives of his U turn. It was mentioned at the press conference that anyone that RDM wanted to keep has advised him they want to stay. He could be one of them. If this is all true.. surely he wants Ayew to stay.... could that mean Ayew may stay too? 

• Like 4

I just want to know how we are getting them to stay. Are we ignoring their relegation clauses so they get full Premier League money in the Championship? I would love to know what aside from a plan going forward that got Di Matteo to get every player he wanted to keep to say "sure boss, I'll stay". 

47 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I just want to know how we are getting them to stay. Are we ignoring their relegation clauses so they get full Premier League money in the Championship? I would love to know what aside from a plan going forward that got Di Matteo to get every player he wanted to keep to say "sure boss, I'll stay". 

"Yes you can go to Stoke or Bournemouth and finish mid table or relegation battles for one season.. and the year after.. you will probably be doing the same.. OR you stay at Villa.. get us up.. i will give you a financial bonus.. then we will push on and sign players to help us win the league and play Champions league. You are young.. you can sacrifice a year..  If were not in the top 4 by January. I will sell you."

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

It might just be as simple as the players not actively seeking a move elsewhere.

There is nothing we can do if the players have relegation release clauses that are matched so there is always the temptation there for the players.

That being said how many teams are really going to be looking at the majority of our squad? Who would want them!

I blame Eric Black he continued to use lescott and richards ahead of him despite repeat crap and no passion performances. If okore wants to stay I am happy as he is a good defender

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

I just want to know how we are getting them to stay.

It's very simple, their agents can't find them all any better offers elsewhere. The ones that can leave will leave (and good riddance IMO) but let's face it who would pay the rumoured £5m for Micah Richards and then give him a 4 year 50K a week deal? Or Gabby or ...

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

Wyness was talking about incentive based contracts. My thought was perhaps Tony has said, get us back in the prem, and whenever that happens, he'll hand over the difference in wages backdated to our relegation. Oh, and a better contract when we do go up.

I'm sure the change of heart is most probably down to RDM telling him that he'll be his first choice.  Okore has always just seemed to want to play and while Black was in charge I can see why he'd want to look at other options.

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Always gave 100%

Refusing to sit on the bench is not my definition of 100%

It's not enough to give 100% on match day if you coast through training and think you're too big to do your bit for the team off the pitch as well as on it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

Refusing to sit on the bench is not my definition of 100%

It's not enough to give 100% on match day if you coast through training and think you're too big to do your bit for the team off the pitch as well as on it. 

How do you know that is even true? I guess the likes of Lescott and Bacuna must have worked their socks off in training and in games to continue to get picked! 

I can't wait until the sheikh of muscles gets hold of him, he could be such a good athlete with better training, and I've never doubted his ability. Application has been the issue, and I think in a better defensive partnership/back four he would look and perform much better. I'd rather we kept him in the short term, I think getting some momentum in the side will help him, all players need confidence, so hopefully if Lescott is gone then Okore, Elphick, Clark and Richards if he's still here (personally I hope he's gone), can vie for the two CB places. 

People may not agree with this but if the shower of shit that are Micah Richards and Joleon Lescott were getting in front of me then i'd be pretty **** off. Okore intimated that Black was talking bollocks when he said he refused to play. I don't see Okore as the sore of person to refuse to play.

Â