Jores Okore

Jesperchr

6 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I just wonder why 4 managers refused to give him a run in the side? 

He always looks sluggish and a bit overweight to me...training issue??

He often seemed a bit slow off the mark, possibly due to his injuries, but would get better the more the game went on.  Him and Clark, and Vlaar and Senderos have really been the only two half decent centre half partnerships in recent years I've seen, any other combination has been utterly abysmal really.  I wouldn't mind seeing Okore and Clark together next season.

• Like 1

i think it was mainly to richards being the captain and rcb where okore plays. it only took them over 30 games to realise how shit richards is (and i dont classify black as manager he was proper cack and clueless)

• Like 1

i have never come away from vp thinking..wow what a player..

i remember how he failed to be composed on the ball at wembley in the fa cup final drubbing in the first few minutes, you could tell the arsenal players picked up on this straight away..the rest as they say is history.. 

sell the fool, another cog in the demise of this great club, let his go to another club & he will wake up to how big this club is to the dross in the Premier League

• Like 1

For me, he's in that second band of players who might be good enough in the right environment but I wouldn't be gutted if they left. He doesn't qualify for the group of players we MUST get rid of (Lescott, Richardson, Sanchez etc) and clearly not in the group of players most would like to keep (Amavi, Ayew, Traore etc).

I feel there probably is a good chance he could be great but the environment at Villa has hit him even harder than most. He has more potential than the likes of Clark and Baker - we know their upper limit, but I suspect there's more to Okore than we've seen due to injuries, manager upheavals and relegation.

But, if he leaves I won't be upset.

• Like 3

He is more than good enough to be our starting CB next year. He is still learning and probably could do with an experienced CB alongside him but I hope he stays and signs a new contract  

You want to play in the Prem next season Jores and I want to have a threesome with Ana de Armas and Jennifer Lawrence

on the evidence of your performances in a Villa shirt I rate my chances far far higher than yours

Edited by tonyh29

Yep looks like he is off unfortunately he won't be the last who wants to stay in premier league. My nightmare situation would be okore and Clark leaving and having Richards and lescott still here next season

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

You want to play in the Prem next season,  Jores and I want to have a threesome with Ana de Armas and Jennifer Lawrence

on the evidence of your performances in a Villa shirt I rate my chances far far higher than yours

Just googled, no need for Jennifer Lawrence.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Jores and I want to have a threesome with Ana de Armas

I didn't know he was such a close friend of yours, Tone. :)

• Like 2

Blaming a 23-year old footballer for stating that he would like to play every week, and at the highest possible level? We don't want ambitious players anymore? Of course, he might not be good enough (but what CB is at 23?), but surely Villa has had enough players that have been happy to just sit on the bench (or even happier to be left out of the match squad altogether in some cases) and still collect their weekly King's ransom.

In the original Danish article, he says that a new manager at Villa might mean a new start for him at the club, but that it also might mean the end of his time at Aston Villa. All about being given as much time on the pitch as possible, I guess, as surely any ambitious player in their early twenties would want to do - and especially with a view to getting into the national side.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I just wonder why 4 managers refused to give him a run in the side? 

He always looks sluggish and a bit overweight to me...training issue??

He's actually quite pacey, or he was before his knee injury, which has been giving him recurring troubles since it first happened. I think that's more to do with his spells out of the team than anything else. If he can get 100% fit and stay that way I still think he's our best defender.

He has kind of a round face which is what I think gives him the appearance of being overweight. I think the same about Mario Goetze, his face looks like Augustus Gloop but he's by no means overweight. Just chubby-cheeked.

• Like 1

I think what happened between him and Black was bizarre and nobody came out of it in good light especially Villa though Black insisted he would make changes and played same clearings in the woods everyweek that im not sure if i can take his word for it

• Like 1

Â