Jores Okore

Jesperchr

43 minutes ago, blandy said:

Including him refusing to do his job?  He's got a point, and I think he's a better choice for the team than Lescott or Richards  too, but to refuse to do his job makes him very much part of the problem. It is unacceptable behaviour.

In simple black and white terms, you are absolutely right. It is unacceptable and it's worthy of disciplinary action - in one form or another. 

There's some shading though for me. Refusing to suit up is refusing to suit up, but he's refusing for the 'right' reason IMO. It's not like he won't play because he wants out or doesn't like the tactics. He wouldn't sit on the bench becuase he felt exasperated that players who are clearly and woefully underperforming are being picked ahead of him. A lesser evil. 

He's taken a stand. Many are saying he should have 'knuckled down', but he already had to be fair. Black even said himself he'd been impressed with him in training that week. It seems that Black was and is going to persist with picking the players that have not only been the most rotten of a bad bunch, but also the ones fans clearly don't want in the side. It's truly bizarre and it makes me wonder what his agenda is. 

• Like 3

Remember a similar scenario with Mon & NRC

different personalities, but similar problem.

NRC never refused to play despite his frustrations, of being left out.

The manager must reserve the right to the ultimate call.....whether he is right or wrong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Like I said before, I don't care who you are, refusing to play is indefensible.

This.

And now Sir, i refuse to give you my support. Another to the long list of players that need to leave.

The article from Denmark sums it up. He's been shat on by the moron in caretaker charge, spoken up, been told off and it's all escalated. It's the boss telling the employee off because the employee can see something he can fix but the boss won't let him, whether for the sake of his own ego or under some mystical instruction from his own boss.

Another day, another shambles.

• Like 1

I think the club want us to turn on him so they have an excuse not to offer a contract.

This is exactly what I mentioned a few pages ago. We have been conditioned to hate the players because, in fairness, we probably should hate quite a number of them.

Jores doesn't seem to be one of them.

Too early for a #teamokore [emoji6]?

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How much more of a mess can we actually become? 

The shambolic state of every single area is just amazing. 

That's why I truly believe we will struggle next season. There is just too much to change. It's not about players or manager as I get the I,press ion some people believe changing the players and getting a new manager and it will be ok. The culture at the club, the way we do things needs a complete and total change. I'm afraid it's just too much to change in 3 months. 

• Like 3

If he strongly feels that he has been misunderstood/misquoted, Okore should be given the chance to make an official reply via the same method/medium that Eric Black used to make the original statement. If he is fit, there is no way that Okore should be benched in favour of Richards or Lescott - it seems as though there might be something more personal behind all of this.

Â