Jores Okore

Jesperchr

17 hours ago, thunderball said:

No, he didn't, he just had a fight with MON at BH instead!

No,He didn't

a fight signifies two parties grappling in an offensive manner, that was not the case.

NRC came off the training pitch after a verbal exchange and MON grabbed  him around the throat and NRC struggled with him defensively to remove his hand.

thats what happened.....despite how anyone feels about the personalities.

Edited by TRO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i do have some sympathy with Okore on reflection. How would you feel as a player when you have a idiot like eric black picking pile of shit players like lescott and richards ahead of you every week? I am not saying (if true) that him refusing to be on bench is right but I can understand why players would get pissed off with Black. He was hopeless and we don't know what happens behind the scenes.

Okore hasnt actually ruled out leaving from a recent interview he said he is willing to wait until new manager is appointed and then speak with him about his plans with Okore. i would keep him if he wants to stay. think he is our best CB to be honest

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i do have some sympathy with Okore on reflection. How would you feel as a player when you have a idiot like eric black picking pile of shit players like lescott and richards ahead of you every week? I am not saying (if true) that him refusing to be on bench is right but I can understand why players would get pissed off with Black. He was hopeless and we don't know what happens behind the scenes.

Okore hasnt actually ruled out leaving from a recent interview he said he is willing to wait until new manager is appointed and then speak with him about his plans with Okore. i would keep him if he wants to stay. think he is our best CB to be honest

And he is still crap

14 minutes ago, KHV said:

And he is still crap

You need to be realistic we are not going to sign four new cbs so we need to keep the best ones out of the existing ones

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

This. With so much overhaul needed, whoever is the new manager is going to need to go through the team and see who a) can be part of the team and b ) wants to stay and part of the team. 

Okore in that interview is basically saying "if you going to try and go straight back up and want me in the first team, I'm in." If that's the case let's try and keep him. He was a significant part in our mini "revival" (...:crylaugh:) around January and whilst does make mistakes, nowhere near as bad as Lescott/Richards and he is still young. He's 23 - CB will peak late 20s/early 30. He has got plenty of years ahead of him and with proper coaching he could be a key player for us. 

Spot on

• Like 1

I think Black portrayed the incident completely wrong in the media. Okores version was a little different and more about wanting to play, and not refusing to sit on the bench. 

He could be quality for us next season. I hope he stays. 

I was right next to him in the preseason game at Walsall when he was in with the fans, and have always quite liked him.

I'd have given him a new deal earlier in the season rather than allow him to have 1 year remaining. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Okore, Clark, Baker plus one experienced head and one kid coming through would be enough for the Champo.

Richards and Lescott out immediately. 

Yep I'd agree with that. Toner looks like he will have a part next season. We need a solid cb with experience

I'd guess so yeah - he seems pretty versatile so it'll be interesting to see where he ends up. It's definitely in his best interests to get him established in one position though, so he doesn't end up 'doing a Bacuna'.

I've never rated Okore, I wrote after seeing him play before his injury that he looked very raw nothing I have seen since has changed that initial opinion.

If we can get money for him then I'd get shot ASAP. Mind you I wouldn't keep many of the 1st team as they are all very poor.

And before someone says we have some good player's, don't we do not we have a squad of losers.

Ayew is the best player we have but that doesn't mean much although we might just get money back on him.

28 minutes ago, SeanO said:

I've never rated Okore, I wrote after seeing him play before his injury that he looked very raw nothing I have seen since has changed that initial opinion.

If we can get money for him then I'd get shot ASAP. Mind you I wouldn't keep many of the 1st team as they are all very poor.

And before someone says we have some good player's, don't we do not we have a squad of losers.

Ayew is the best player we have but that doesn't mean much although we might just get money back on him.

Neither have I, bad positional sense and weak

• Like 1

Â