Jores Okore

Jesperchr

He just wants out, he's agent was in the press weeks ago calling the club a shit house for not giving him a new deal

expected better of him, always came across as a good lad but if your refusing to be a sub then he  doesn't want to be here

So what?  No matter how you feel, throwing money a way is never a high priority in a successful organization.  

As manager of AVFC he should be making decisions to benefit the club, not to justify his own actions.  Blaming the player at this point is not in our best interest. 

7 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So what?  No matter how you feel, throwing money a way is never a high priority in a successful organization.  

As manager of AVFC he should be making decisions to benefit the club, not to justify his own actions.  Blaming the player at this point is not in our best interest. 

My word. Money money assets assets. Sounds like spreadsheet logic to me. How about the player himself benefits the club and stops taking the piss. He's a player who is paid a huge wage and he should do his **** job. If he's refusing to be on the bench then what was Black meant to do? 

• Like 1

I am so sick of the ridiculous one sided power the players now possess. 

OK they get huge frankly obscene wages even when bang average and not actually supremely brilliant at football,  I can cope with that. But they also have an almost untouchable position.  They can go on strike,  let themseves go, not bother,  put out any kind of attitude they want and there is virtually no sanction for them. 

In the old days they did need some protection but I really feel now that clubs ought to be able to put in place some really strong protections against players who step out of line AND the PFA should support this. 

They should see that people like Gabby letting himself get fat,  apparently ignoring instructions,  players refusing to play etc are actually serious breaches of professional conduct and actually do the image and integrity of their profession very serious damage 

• Like 3

If he's refusing to do his job then he's another one the legal team should be looking at for breach of contract. The contracts they have can't be that one sided in favour of the player only surely. Sack the clearing in the woods and drag him to court. 

6 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Can anyone think of another job, where you can flat out tell your manager you don't want to work anymore, and not only not be sacked, but continue to be paid?

The attitude of our players is just mind boggling. If I go to a game this season, I will be booing until I'm horse. I've never liked booing players, but some of this lost are nothing but oxygen thieves.

football must be the only career that you get rewarded for being crap at your job

• Like 1

Professionalism works on many levels. You can be professional and look to escape a disappointing experience (Aston Villa) but it is through doing your best. It must be a disappointing time for many players but your agent saying one thing, your manager saying another...... Limits employment. 

On current form, graft and achievement who better would come in? Never repeated his a champions league form. 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd love if we get a huge takeover, then when the likes of these realise that we are on the way up, try to suck up and still get told to do one. lol

even if we dont get taken over I would be happy if these players were told to do one

He is in breach of his contract.  It baffles me how he isn't fired and possibly even sued.  That we have yet another freeloader player for us hardly comes as a shock, but the reaction of the club defies logic.  Okore has refused to perform his duties, for which he is handsomely rewarded and as an employer the Villa have gone "yeah fair enough, I suppose it's your decision".  To an extent it is his decision.  He can refuse to play and we can refuse to pay him.  That seems reasonable.  The whole part where he can refuse to play, so we continue to pay him, to provide facilities for him to stay fit, to provide him with coaching to help improve him, to provide him with medical facilities to help his recovery and to stick him with the kids so he can be yet another stunning example of a model pro confuses me.  The day he refused to sit on the bench he should have been suspended and sent home.  Where has the god damn leadership gone in this place?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

He is in breach of his contract.  It baffles me how he isn't fired and possibly even sued.  That we have yet another freeloader player for us hardly comes as a shock, but the reaction of the club defies logic.  Okore has refused to perform his duties, for which he is handsomely rewarded and as an employer the Villa have gone "yeah fair enough, I suppose it's your decision".  To an extent it is his decision.  He can refuse to play and we can refuse to pay him.  That seems reasonable.  The whole part where he can refuse to play, so we continue to pay him, to provide facilities for him to stay fit, to provide him with coaching to help improve him, to provide him with medical facilities to help his recovery and to stick him with the kids so he can be yet another stunning example of a model pro confuses me.  The day he refused to sit on the bench he should have been suspended and sent home.  Where has the god damn leadership gone in this place?

Exactly, also all these baffoons yelping out champions league, engineering moves, are hardly a squad of Lionel Messi's, which is besides the point anyway with refusal to play, but it kind of sticks in your craw. When he did play he was rolling around the backline like a fridge on wheels like the rest of the back 4.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

He just wants out, he's agent was in the press weeks ago calling the club a shit house for not giving him a new deal

expected better of him, always came across as a good lad but if your refusing to be a sub then he  doesn't want to be here

I admit I think the club should have offered him a new deal if only to maximise the money we got for him when he moved on. He seemed so happy to be joining us at the start but now cannot wait to leave. He has now burnt his bridges for me and he needs to get his agent working on finding him a club that will make us an offer of around what we paid for him. We should add a sell-on clause if the offer is any less than we paid for him as well.  

Â