Jores Okore

Jesperchr

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How do you know that is even true? I guess the likes of Lescott and Bacuna must have worked their socks off in training and in games to continue to get picked! 

I've no idea what he does is training, but my point is that he has to be willing to give everything whatever he is asked to do, whether starting, training or on the bench. 

Lescott and Bacuna are clearly absolute shite, but that's neither here nor there. He's employed by Aston Villa, and if the manager tells him he;s on the bench, then he sits on the bench. It doesn't matter if the manager has only 3 brain cells (two of which are on the blink) and the Chuckle Brothers are playing in central defence with their legs tied together. 

On 15/06/2016 at 13:11, KHV said:

I think Okore is a very sloppy centre back. I have never rated him in his time here

He wasn't exactly helped by his playing partners going missing a lot. In a more organised team I think he will be a revelation next season

Okore, Gil, Vertout, Traore - possibly the most under criticised players because they played so little last season, no idea if that means they were even worse than what made it onto the pitch (i doubt it) or as bad. Who knows. Maybe if they had played they would have been just as crap, but lets hope Di Matteo actually works out how good they are and if they should stay.

having said that i would be shocked if more than one out of that five does stay.

12 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Okore, Gil, Vertout, Traore - possibly the most under criticised players because they played so little last season, no idea if that means they were even worse than what made it onto the pitch (i doubt it) or as bad. Who knows. Maybe if they had played they would have been just as crap, but lets hope Di Matteo actually works out how good they are and if they should stay.

having said that i would be shocked if more than one out of that five does stay.

It's only 4  :detect:

But yes, players who don't play always emerge as 'the answer' at some point or another. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is true because only today I was shouting at the telly that sterling and Kane should be replaced by vardy and sturridge 

Fair point, every now and the the player left out actually is the answer. But in Villa's case, they are mostly all just different shades of shite. 

• Like 1

Jores Okore wants to fight for his place at Aston Villa after spurning the advances of clubs on the continent.

The Danish centre-half has been tracked heavily this summer but has told interested parties that he has no plans to move.

Okore is looking forward to a fresh start under new boss Roberto Di Matteo - the man who wanted to sign him for Chelsea before Villa swooped.

And he’s already told friends that he’s looking forward to the pre-season schedule where he will be aiming to further impress the claret and blues’ new boss.

Okore has also drawn a line under his controversial disagreement with former caretaker boss Eric Black last season.

The 23-year-old refused to sit on the bench for a game with Bournemouth after Black has suggested in the build-up that he would start.

Okore claimed that he wasn’t in the right mental state of mind and was subsequently ordered to train with the U21s for the remainder of the season.

Although he appeared to handle the situation badly, it was a move that came totally out of character.

After all, this is a player who risked his career by postponing a crucial operation in the 2014/15 season in order to help Villa avoid relegation.

Ex-boss Tim Sherwood praised Okore for his actions and was surprised to see the events unfold last term.

In previous interviews Okore has always stressed how desperate he is to play and improve Villa’s fortunes.

And after making just 14 appearances during the fatal 2015/16 campaign he is now determined to win back his place under the new regime.

The stopper, signed for £4million from Nordsjaelland in 2013, has offers on the table from clubs in Italy, Germany and Spain but is expected to stick around for the Championship campaign.

Villa’s first-team return for pre-season training next Wednesday

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/latest-aston-villa-defender-jores-11510944

Very pleasing news IMO, always been a fan of his, despite what happened last season. Okore/Elphick looks a really solid partnership to me. 

• Like 4

He is very young, so hopefully he can become the player I thought we had signed. If he actually had other offers and has decided to stay, then welcome back. He does seem to have potential. Surely this management team can bring that potential out, if it is there.

I personally think he wants to play out his contract here, be a free next summer where he will get big offers. For me no brainer I think he could be a great cb in championship. Him and elphick cb partnership next season. 

RDM knows about him as well which is a great bonus

Â