Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I imagine Black doesn't carry a lot of weight with our players - they know he's temporary, the seasons virtually done, and many are privately or publicly planning their moves away.  But I  bet this kind of stuff goes on more than we realise - maybe not refusing to play, but making demands, not training properly, not following game instructions etc. Whereas other managers might not want to publicize this kind of stuff, for fear of making themselves look weak or creating negative media, Black seems quite happy to recount the bare facts of what has gone on to the media - he sort of did the same with Gabby.  Perhaps he is giving us a little bit of a window into what goes on behind the scenes at BH; nothing would surprise with our motley crew, but it makes me feel some sympathy for the managers that we have spat out recently, why these ****** carry on and get away with everything scot-free.

• Like 3

Respect goes to Black for highlighting some of  the 'troublemakers' in our dressing room.  Okore should be playing IMO, but he should respect the managers position in deciding who should be in the starting 11. Just who the f**k does Okore think he is? Get rid ASAP!

• Like 1

Although we are currently conditioned to believe that every player at the Villa at the moment is a total stain, I don't really buy this about Okore. It smacks of Black riding on the shambles of Agbonlahor to make a statement about a player he himself has upset by picking Lescott and Richards over, who reacted badly in frustration.  

Yes his reaction is ridiculous. However it wouldn't surprise me for this having been "spun" - maybe he said he didn't want to play for Black specifically after the way he's been treated? In which case the blame lies with Black for me. 

Purely hypothetical though. 

This shows how bad the culture among the players is. Sherwood seemed to indicate last summer that the club was openly saying to potential signings that Villa would be a perfect stepping stone to bigger things to get them to sign. Whilst it may have got them to sign it's added to the real mercenary culture in the club.

Okore is probably thinking 'nobody else round here gives a shit about the club - why would I?'....

He's had delusions of grandure since the day he arrived ... His judgement and positioning mean he makes far to many mistakes for a Centre half .... That he has some resale value is probably at least means we can get something for him 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He's had delusions of grandure since the day he arrived ... His judgement and positioning mean he makes far to many mistakes for a Centre half .... That he has some resale value is probably at least means we can get something for him 

I wonder how much resale value he has after today.

3 minutes ago, MuleAthon said:

Although we are currently conditioned to believe that every player at the Villa at the moment is a total stain, I don't really buy this about Okore. It smacks of Black riding on the shambles of Agbonlahor to make a statement about a player he himself has upset by picking Lescott and Richards over, who reacted badly in frustration.  

Yes his reaction is ridiculous. However it wouldn't surprise me for this having been "spun" - maybe he said he didn't want to play for Black specifically after the way he's been treated? In which case the blame lies with Black for me. 

Purely hypothetical though. 

In the way he has been treated?  Do you mean the manager thinks there are better options for particular games? Whatever you think, if he is not selected, he should behave like a man and knuckle down, change his attitude and respect the managers decision....end of!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

In the way he has been treated?  Do you mean the manager thinks there are better options for particular games? Whatever you think, if he is not selected, he should behave like a man and knuckle down, change his attitude and respect the managers decision....end of!

Indeed, Black has to have ultimately authority on starting 11, whether we agree on not.

• Like 1

Obviously I can't substantiate my opinion- like I said, it's purely hypothetical. I just don't think, based on the way he's been since he's been here, that we should accept Black's word at one hundred percent of its face value. 

If the bust up had happened because Okore couldn't believe his ears that he was being sidelined for two people Black considered to be vastly superior, when all those with a brain can see that Richards and Lescott are far from that, stood his ground, said he wanted to fight for the club, do what they haven't been doing, then this would be a very different story. Spin is spin- we've only heard Black's side of what could be a very one sided argument, and as a fan base we are inclined to believe it because of the utterly putrid news that's been coming out of B6 these last days/weeks/months/years/decades. 

I would prefer to avoid judging Okore until he has his say. If it turns out he's an arse then, so be it. 

Reality is he is getting paid a significant amount a week to play football. Whilst spending the rest of the time practicing how to do the job well, that he is paid for. If he is refusing to do the job he is paid to do the club shouldn't be paying him.

I expect he is hoping he will be in breach of contract so the club release him, so the club who paid all the time he was injured and nursed him back to fitness will get nothing. But he can get a bigger salary as a free agent than if we sold him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MuleAthon said:

Oh and I still don't condone his actions- didn't make that clear- but the reason for his actions may yet become clear and alleviate some of the vitriol coming his way. 

Think your making this far more complicated than it actually is!

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Bit late isn't it. He's refused to play for the club. 

If he came out with a big apology and got his head down then I'd be willing to have him back because I still believe he's a decent player but obviously anything less than that and he's got to go.

Okore was wrong.  But IMO Black was also wrong for two things.  1. Not picking him.  Our defense is better when he plays. 2. Talking to the press about Okore in a way that makes him look bad.  You are undercutting the sale price for the fire sale that is to come.  

• Like 1

Â