Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I don't think he had a bad game to be honest. Clark is playing exceptionally well at the minute so he of course looks inferior but his last ditch tackling is brilliant. The speed in which he gets to them is great. He made some errors today but he is definitely improving. This extended run in the side has improved him greatly.

The issue is we can't afford any errors at the back. We are not scoring many goals. If we concede even one goal in a match, strong chances are we will not win that match or even get a point. Okore has a couple of slip ups each match which could cost us valuable points. At this point in the reason, we kind of have to have unrealistic standards on our center backs to survive. We are not in a position to have someone learning from their mistakes at the back. 

You can see why Paul Lambert thought he wasn't ready for the Premier League. At this level it's about making absolutely no mistakes, not even a single one, as just one mistake could be enough to cost you the whole game like we have seen over the past few matches.

He appears to make the same kind of mistakes that David Luiz makes, ie. charging out for the ball with wild abandon and leaving space for opponents to exploit in the end aka going AWOL. We all know how Luiz has been crtitised for that before.

his last ditch tackling is brilliant. The speed in which he gets to them is great. 

We've said before with our other defenders that the other way to look at this is that he doesn't even stick to his man / or is positionally awful. Hence the need to be making these last ditch tackles in the first place.

If he's going for the ball he better jolly well be getting to it, or opponents are going to be having a man totally free.

his last ditch tackling is brilliant. The speed in which he gets to them is great. 

We've said before with our other defenders that the other way to look at this is that he doesn't even stick to his man / or is positionally awful. Hence the need to be making these last ditch tackles in the first place.

If he's going for the ball he better jolly well be getting to it, or opponents are going to be having a man totally free.

You're implying though that every last ditch tackle he has to make is due to his own incompetence which I don't think is true. All I'm saying is he is definitely the quickest defender I've seen in a while at making up that ground on the striker and getting in a last ditch tackle. 

I don't think he is half as bad as some people might be suggesting on here. That and he is developing really well. He hasn't exactly cost us like Vlaar did though has he? 

He was decent bar the first 10 minutes.  I really like him in general and think he has a great future.  Hope it's with us.

Couple of incredibly well timed saving tackles last night, has pace, looks to have good feet and can pick a pass. Add to that he is years off his peak and we shoudl be doing everything we can to keep this lad for as long as poss.

• Like 1

agree,  i think his misstakes can be written off as inexperience, but for each misstake he seems to have great tackle to even it out. If it would have been clark, vlaar, senderos or baker chasing either ideye or berahino, cant remember who it was, they wouldn't have caught up or ended up doing the same tackle that saw a red for vlaar in the last game.

He will end up as a great player, i hope its here!

Really don't think he was that bad at all.

That's because he wasn't. He was very good - especially considering his youth and inexperience.

Yes, he will make the odd mistake - just as Clark did a couple of years ago - but I fully expect he will get better and better, just as Clark has.

I don't think anybody is saying he is a bad player but on current form he hasn't been upto standard.  This is his first proper run of games at this level and he is gonna have to make some errors in order to learn from them.  The way he left Berahinio free for the goal was silly as was his defending for the Newcastle goal the other day.  He will be a great defender soon enough imo but we can't really afford to put up with his errors atm.

He had a couple of poor clearances but other than that was very good. He is going to be a top player and the odd rick is part of his learning process. Luckily neither cost us last night.

I liked the fact after his first poor clearance Hutton got into him (good to see) and Jores quite clearly said to him "fxxx off man" nice to see that he was revved up and in an aggressive mood too, made me chuckle and also glad that everyone was pumped

Really don't think he was that bad at all.

That's because he wasn't. He was very good - especially considering his youth and inexperience.

Yes, he will make the odd mistake - just as Clark did a couple of years ago - but I fully expect he will get better and better, just as Clark has.

You want to look past mistakes like he made yesterday, especially since we didn't suffer in the end. Let him build his confidence and learn from his mistakes.

Â