Jores Okore

Jesperchr

It IS his first ever season at this level, he is very young for a CB and has some really good attributes.

As he adapts to the league I'm confident he will make less and less of those mistakes. Not very long ago Clark made moronic mistakes which lost us games as well, and now he looks like the most reliable CB at the club and possibly our overall most consistently good player.

And he arguably looks physically and technically more sound than Clark, his pace is incredible for a centre back especially after such a horrible injury. I genuinely think his potential is somewhat scary.

Another pre-season and he'll hopefully start the 15/16 campaign in tip-top shape alongside his best buddy Ciaran. Baker and Senderos will provide sufficient back up as well.

He has much more potential than Clark, he just needs to sort those concentration/pressure issues that cost us points. If he does thatwith time he might even become one of the best CBs around.

(As for Baker and Senderos, I fear that with both of them being injury prone we might need an extra CB to replace Vlaar.

He seems to lose his man alot

A few shaky moments but overall played well. He is still very young and Clark was making these errors just last season and he's 25. How old is Okore? 22? In his first season in the premier league he is doing very well. Seems to be a great character around the squad and has fit in well

Edited by KSV

Other than John Terry I've yet to see a centre back not make silly mistakes at such a young age. Look at his attributes rather than those few moments at this point. I've no doubt he's destined to be one of the world's top defenders.

Sounds like quite a nice storyline to have Jores and Ciaran as our backbone for the next decade, and being best friends all through the upcoming successes... ok, that was a bit much. :)

• Like 2

I'm not bothered about the blunders that are creeping into his game, he'll wipe them back out and look as good as he did earlier in the season again.

If he's anything like Clark, he'll have 5 years of blunders and then BAM!, solid defender. :D

I think he needs to improve his concentration, especially early on in games, perhaps he comes out a little bit mentally cold and needs to 'warm up' so to speak. 

However despite that it's clear that the lad has massive potential, he could become a terrific centre half. 

Looking like a top player for us, and has massive potential to improve. It's mad to think he has played around 30 first team games for us in a new country and looks the part 90% of the time. A couple of mistakes have been made but he will learn from them, one of his perks are his recovery pace and strength.

I think his contract is up next summer? Was it a 3 year deal? Hopefully get hime tied down to a long term contract in the summer.

Okore and Clark should see us out for the rest of the season, bar injuries.

Vlaar is arguably our best defender but I couldn't care less, these two need to continue to gel. A solid pre-season and we could have an absolutely immense partnership on our hands in the next campaign.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â