Jores Okore

Jesperchr

The high line against Arsenal was just wrong tactically, I could understand it as they were possibly trying to give them less space to dictate in the middle, but we should have contained them rather than giving them a headstart, especially considering the form they have been on.

Slow.. eh?

The guy is rapid and for any faults he has surely pace isnt one of them. Really odd criticism.

Also Omar agreed it wasnt a good day for him but he and Clark have been really excellent and I wouldnt want to send the wrong message by bringing Vlaar back after one bad game.

For me unless he (Vlaar) signs a new contract these are my first choice pair and I wouldnt rock that unless form dictated otherwise.

• Like 1

I was as disappointed in Okore as anyone on Sunday. My main criticism of him was that he made fundamental mistakes numerous times which left him behind/out of position and didn't work hard to recover the situation.

I don't know whether this was due to complacency, fatigue or just a general off-day but I have faith that he'll recover from it and will repay us down the line. I'd like to see him keep his place vs Chelsea (possibly reverting to 3/5 at the back with Hutton and Cissokho bombing forward with greater cover)..Okore will be up for Chelsea due to his decision to choose us over them when he joined. Going forward, I can see Vlaar and Clark being preferred given everyone fit.

His positioning is a bit suspect and he gets dragged out of position too easily but it's easy to forget just how young he is and how little game time he has had at this level. He has areas of his game to work on but he has all the makings of a quality centre back and I'm sure he is just gonna get better. His tackling is as good as I've seen, wins the ball when he has no right to.

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

Okore and Clark are the future but we need to make sure we have a future.  Vlaar needs to play for the rest of the season if we are going to have a chance of staying up.

I don't think Vlaar is needed for us to stay up. We need to score some goals to stay up!

However, I'm convinced Vlaar will play when fit. Lambert trusts him.

Am delighted that him and Clark are really doing the business at both ends.  When is the last time we had a centre back other than those two score?  Vlaar vs Wigan away?

Edited by Bunnski

Â