Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Like some of you said he had a very shaky start, but from there on out he was very good today. I still think that Clark is our finest option atm, but I can see Okore becoming really great for us.

Like some of you said he had a very shaky start, but from there on out he was very good today. I still think that Clark is our finest option atm, but I can see Okore becoming really great for us.

When you take into account his age, Okore's physical and technical attributes as a centre back are immense. As he gains experience he'll be fantastic for us and probably for a huge club after us. People also forget that really this is his first season for us.

• Like 2

Let's people run in behind him way too much but to be fair he never let's up or gives them a comfortable run.

Something he needs to learn.

Also, everytime the camera cut to him he appeared to be shaking his head and beating himself up :(

The pace and adrenalin this game threw up was a bit too much for him early on, but definitely came into his own after that. Once he begins to realise how potentially good he could be, then we'll see the player.

I'm not sure I want him as first choice next season.

I'm losing confidence in him. He looks an accident waiting to happen too often at the moment.

As I said in my earlier post - people seem to forget his age and also the fact that this is his first season playing for us, he is still settling into a new league. Two big derby games back to back, one being a cup quarter final, partnered up with another young centre back (I know Clark has been performing incredibly well).

We need to give him time, he and Clark could be a quality partnership for many years to come.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Young central defender inconsitent in the new league after long injury? that's not exactly surprising or unexpected.

Exactly, I didn't mention the injury but again another factor as to why he is understandably going to make errors. He has had a good season overall and I think next season he'll kick on and really shine.

Edited by samjp26

It IS his first ever season at this level, he is very young for a CB and has some really good attributes.

As he adapts to the league I'm confident he will make less and less of those mistakes. Not very long ago Clark made moronic mistakes which lost us games as well, and now he looks like the most reliable CB at the club and possibly our overall most consistently good player.

• Like 1

It IS his first ever season at this level, he is very young for a CB and has some really good attributes.

As he adapts to the league I'm confident he will make less and less of those mistakes. Not very long ago Clark made moronic mistakes which lost us games as well, and now he looks like the most reliable CB at the club and possibly our overall most consistently good player.

And he arguably looks physically and technically more sound than Clark, his pace is incredible for a centre back especially after such a horrible injury. I genuinely think his potential is somewhat scary.

Another pre-season and he'll hopefully start the 15/16 campaign in tip-top shape alongside his best buddy Ciaran. Baker and Senderos will provide sufficient back up as well.

Â