Jores Okore

Jesperchr

of course him and Clark were due a bad performance some time but putting Vlaar in or Senderos or Paolo Maldini is not going to paper over the cracks of midfield and attack. defence has been the only shining light in this team this season

• 2 weeks later...

Stats for CBs are useless. They can have brilliant stats, but if they make stupid mistakes every single match they will still be rubbish, no matter how many clearences they make, now matter how good they are in the air, no matter how well they tackle.

• Like 1

Stats for CBs are useless. They can have brilliant stats, but if they make stupid mistakes every single match they will still be rubbish, no matter how many clearences they make, now matter how good they are in the air, no matter how well they tackle.

True but I don't believe Okore is like that, after a long time out injured he's shown some promise with Clark this season.

So rather than being useless they are observational as long as you use your eyes to observe the rest?

It frustrates me that people still think it is all or nothing with statistics. There is a middle ground to be taken. The clubs themselves are already on board with this, I wonder when fans will be too.

Why was he dropped, he was doing fine.

Without the benefit of hindsight (Vlaar's mistakes against Stoke), I can see why TS went for the experienced Vlaar to play alongside Clark.

Now that choice is not available for tomorrow, I hope Tetchi plays a major part in a clean sheet and becomes the future of an improving defence.

Â