Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Id say the worst signing lambert has made, nearly all of lamberts signings have done something worthy of praise here, Tonev just looked absolutely hopeless from minute 1.

Yep, even £500k J-Bowz put in a couple of good performances and of course gave us this:

2conc5c.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Twitter alert

The Holte ‏@TheHolteTweets  3h

Ludogorets Razgrad want Tonev for cheap. Think @StanPetrov19 should subsidise the wages, was your idea mate! #AVFC

AVFC Transfer Tweet ‏@AVFCTransTweet  17m

@StanPetrov19 what happened with him at the villa then mate? Pace? League challenge?

Stiliyan Petrov ‏@StanPetrov19  17m

@AVFCTransTweet bad management I would say.

He also agreed that Tonev shot from ridiculous angles. And he also agreed that he disliked the style of football.

Edited by BigCarew

bad management at Celtic also?

To be honest I would rather Sherwood tried again with Helenius and Tonev rather than just let them leave for nothing which is clearly going to be the case.

What's the point? They are both clearly useless!

bad management at Celtic also?

To be honest I would rather Sherwood tried again with Helenius and Tonev rather than just let them leave for nothing which is clearly going to be the case.

What's the point? They are both clearly useless!
I can understand why it could be a good idea to try to get decent performances out of them.

Lately, we have a knack of selling players when their stock is as low as it's ever been. I always think of the way Spurs sell their players, and think we could learn from it. (Obviously, a current Villa flop is a completely different monster to a Spurs flop!)

I wouldn't mind Sherwood getting rid of all the players that he thinks are lost causes, but if he sees some potential in some of these flops, then maybe he could utilise them with a view to sell in January or next Summer.

Â