Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

• 2 weeks later...

Selection  of comments after last nights Euro win.

How was he ever deemed good enough for the PL?

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144600&page=59

Greediest bastard I've ever seen, can't believe he's escaped it on here..

Does my nut in, spare man..

Aston villa seriously were not kidding when they said he shoots every time he has the ball; **** sake

Not been impressed with him whenever I've saw him. Takes the piss how often he shoots from range.

Has done nothing and has shown nothing to suggest that will change.

Appears the Villa fans weren't over-egging the fact he will literally shoot any time he gets the chance and from anywhere even knowing he doesn't even have that great a shot on him.

Yes he is way too greedy, I like a player to have a shot but not every single time they get the ball especially when the better option would be to pass to another player. On the rare occasion he makes some space for himself the only thing Ive seen him do is hit a shot from about 30 yards out that doesn't trouble the keeper. Doesnt even bother to look if there are players in space in front of him.

Very strange and surely something Ronny will have to have a word to him about. Apparently he was exactly the same at Villa

I now can't believe there was a huge hype surrounding this guy when was he playing in Poland. He's like a one trick pony going forward, cut in and shot.

A greedy player who'd much rather shoot than pass, 9/10 times a shot off target or down the keepers throat.

I didn't think he was as bad as people are saying on this, he's definitely a greedy bastard though and should look to pass instead of shooting the whole time though.

• Like 1

How was he ever deemed good enough for the PL?

I often wondered this when he played for Villa. Who (or did anyone) actually scout this guy, see him play and think he was good enough for the premier league? The whole thing smacks of a Harry Redknapp style deposit the transfer fee in my dog's bank account in Monaco transfer. He is awful.

If he's not even going to rectify his mistakes in the slightest, then it's probably time to start entering 'write him off' territory.

Agree fully. When he came on against Man U last season, I thought he looked much more composed and like he'd removed some of the 'shoot on sight' nonsense from his repertoire. At that point, I did think he might manage a future at the club, but right now, I'm totally convinced he's a write-off. It's utterly obvious to everyone what the problem is with his play, but if he's not even trying to correct it, I don't know what hope there is. If he thinks scoring a belter from 30 yards is going to make everyone love him again, he's mistaken. 

I don't like writing off players. Even with Luna, Sylla, Helenius I'm still prepared to see what they do in their loan spells. But with this guy, I'm done. 

The worst player we have signed since balaban.

Balaban wasn't too bad a player. We've had far worse players since who started regularly. He scored plenty of goals both before and after us, like Savo

The worst player we have signed since balaban.

Balaban was a good player just for some reason we never played him and takes time to settle he is much better than likes of Salifou.. bit more run of games would have seen him adjust quicker (Took Angel time as well) as well as most Eastern European players i remember when Man Utd signed Vidic he was awful for least a year and then started to become the player he was and Modric started off very slowly at Spurs.

Yeah, Balaban never got anywhere near enough game-time to draw a conclusion on his ability. You can say he is one of our worst signings purely because of the fee paid but not one of the worst players ability-wise.

If he's found guilty of racist language I want him recalled from loan and sacked. No excuses. 

He's not the worst player ever to play for us but I can't see him having a future here either. 

Personally I think he's the worst I can remember, I guess that stretches back to about 95.

Worst signing maybe, but nowhere close to worst player. It's worth noting there's a HUGE difference

Personally I think he's the worst I can remember, I guess that stretches back to about 95.

Worst signing maybe, but nowhere close to worst player. It's worth noting there's a HUGE difference

Worst player for me. Who is worse? Boulding maybe, he was pretty bad, but at least he tried to pass to his team mates rather than just hoofing it out of play. Salifou put in a couple of decent performances for us. although he clearly wasn't cut out for this level long term. Tonev is just comically bad. 

Â