Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

He's back in training because were still paying his wages, what else are we going to do? "Nah you're alright mate just stay at home on your jollys!"

That's what the club did to Hutton and Bent

No they were put with the kids and then eventually it was realised that the bomb squad idea was just terrible.

Did I see somewhere that Roma are interested in Atomic Boy?

Yes. A few Italian websites are quoting a story from 7sport.net - which is a Bulgarian sports site - that Roma are in for Tonev and will bid 4m Euros.

Guess it's Tonev's agent trying to generate some interest in him.

Will be surprised if he is involved at all once the premier league season is up and running.

Same with Chris Herd; as it stands I can understand Sherwood wanting to have a look at them as they are contracted to the club but neither are really good enough and having a look during pre-season would do no harm.

Chris Herd really should've gone the way of Hogg and dropped down the leagues in order to have a good career really but that's for another thread.

Isn't Herdy just using our training facilities to get fit and then when he gets a trial at another club we'll let him go?

Not sure. It was widely reported he would be given a chance to impress Sherwood and Sherwood would want to see him in pre-season before making a decision (which is what you would expect really)

Saying that i'm not sure he was in training today but it could be an injury maybe.

I remember Delph doing an interview about Tonev when he first signed and saying something about being really impressed by him in training, which for me at least shows that he does have the talent - just other issues (e.g. adjusting to a new culture/league) which have made him come nowhere near to fulfilling his potential. I still wouldn't be surprised to see him turn good.

Edit - found it. http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-interview-picture-gallery-5730556

Edited by myko

He has massive calves .. no wonder he can hit them.. he's quick... he's an odd one.. he seems to have ability but when in a game just feels like he's not thinking and has a shoot on sight policy. Deserves another shot though. See if he can be coached

He could barely control the ball when he played for us, the only time he had a half decent game was vs Cardiff at home when he got down the left flank and put in some good crosses. Hard to see him being a part of the squad but stranger things have happened.

I vaguely remember he had a shot on target once but the goalkeeper made a very good save tipping it around the post.

One shot on target out of 100 so give him some credit at least..

Â