Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

The word of one person believed above the word of another based on how the different accounts were represented - doesn't sit right with me. I've applied the principle to my two kids when they were 8 and 10, but the worst outcome was an innocent kid spent a boring hour in their room. If the principle applies in UK courts, is this why rape victims are advised to wear frumpy clothing to court as an above the knee skirt indicates 'she was asking for it'?

The standard of proof in the criminal court is "beyond reasonable doubt". So one person's word against another in those circumstances is usually (but not always) not enough.

In civil courts cases are decided "on the balance of probabilities", i.e. more likely than not.

Not necessarily.

I'm an employment lawyer and have handled many race/sex discrimination claims in the Tribunal. A large proportion of them involve 'he said / she said' arguments and the role of the tribunal is to decide which person should be believed. A case will not be rejected just because the only two witnesses to the comment were the alleged perpetrator and the alleged victim.

The SFA obviously weren't impressed with the way Tonev gave evidence in comparison to Logan. Given that Tonev's English may be limited he was probably at a disadvantage from the outset.

Ah, I see, fair enough. The problem I have with that is that deciding who you do and do not believe is completely subjective and differs from person to person. I just wouldn't be comfortable personally with conclusively labelling someone of something like this based on such a premise.

Me neither. Especially considering Tonev's first language isn't English and for that reason he may not have come over very well when giving evidence.

• Like 1

It's a bit mental, when you think of it, that players can't be let go like regular people for being rubbish at their jobs. Where's the EU rushing off to make an employment ruling on that one I ask

• Like 1

The tonev signing made a lot of sense. He's two footed, scored for fun at his last team and looked very bright. That it didnt work out is part and parcel of the game, but I certainly wouldn't hold that signing against him - it looked a no-brainer for the price

• Like 1

The tonev signing made a lot of sense. He's two footed, scored for fun at his last team and looked very bright. That it didnt work out is part and parcel of the game, but I certainly wouldn't hold that signing against him - it looked a no-brainer for the price

Scored for fun? He scored 7 goals in 54 games in Poland.

Aye but didn't the majority of them come towards the end of his tenure, when we were looking at him - suggesting that he'd grown into a real threat. I might be mistaken, but I don't think a huge amount of them came early on, which was why he was relatively highly rated at the time we signed him

Aye but didn't the majority of them come towards the end of his tenure, when we were looking at him - suggesting that he'd grown into a real threat. I might be mistaken, but I don't think a huge amount of them came early on, which was why he was relatively highly rated at the time we signed him

mate of mine follows Wisla and he said was a shocking move at the time that he wasnt even regular at Poznan

Also calls into question his judgement of players and their characters

There are plenty of sticks to beat Lambert with without making shit like this up.

Unless Tonev turned up to his pay negotiations in a nazi uniform and told Lambert he was looking forward to playing with all the darkies in our team, just how is Lambert supposed to have judged his character and determine that he might say something racist in a couple of years?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Every manager makes mistakes FFS.

I think his "stars" have more than equalled his flops.

Your kidding? right?

Stars? Benteke? One season looking very good, second season looking like he didn't care then the injury. I will reserve my judgement for a while yet but he has a very long way to go before he can be called a star. He has tons of ability but from what I've seen it will be another club who will benefit.

Vlaar hahaha, good WC useless again for Villa, the most overrated centre half that I can recall.

After that I'm struggling to think of which of Lamberts signing that you might be even considering as stars, maybe Guzan? good keeper and I'm glad we have him but he's not good enough for one of the top teams, Westwood? sure he's probably worth a bit more than we paid for him but not much.

Sorry but this club has no star players, which doesn't make good reading for us but it's true.

• Like 2

Â