Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Tonev at least has thought Villa fans a valuable lesson, a player might look good on Youtube but it means **** all

Good luck to him he wasnt great but hope he does OK in Italy as I think Frosinone will need all the help they can get

He didn't look that good on YouTube though did he. Adama looks good on YouTube, Grealish looks good on YouTube, as does Amavi. There's a marked difference. Fans see what they want to see when their club signs a player.

not really but he got a couple of long range goals and I think few people were expecting him to do that regularly. From seeing him play he probably took about 4000 shots to get them 4 or 5 goals

I dont think he was that bad for us, he had a couple of decent games but his final product was atrocious

• Like 1

I'm quite a seasoned football fan (in my own mind anyway) and pretty well traveled, so it takes a solid good effort to manage to get transferred from Villa to a team I have never even heard of.  Tonev has managed this, so for this and this alone I salute him, good effort son, take a bow.  Frosinone in sort of related news reminds me of that song "Let it go" that every prepubescent girl has been inflicting on their parents for the last year or so.

Just been newly promoted, think Luna was moved on there for a bit last season so maybe they have an odd fascination with our worst 11 team.

He was awful, normally I try to see the good in most players even if they are rubbish but there was nothing in Tonev to suggest he was a premier league standard footballer.

Luna was at Spezia

Lambert, we are laughing at one of your signings.

If one player summed up Lambert it was this useless t###. In the same way that CNZ sums up TSM time....and we are still paying for that!

So Benteke,  an improving Delph or Westwood dont sum up Paul's management?

Or Sanchez or Gil or Bacuna?

I guess it's more how shite they all were together when they played as part of a Lambert team.

Edited by briny_ear

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I find it incredible how anyone could ever think he would make it in the PL. The shittest 'footballer' we have ever had.  Braindead.

Makes dawkins look like messi

Shite player, stan what did you do!!!!!!

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I find it incredible how anyone could ever think he would make it as a professional footballer, shittest 'footballer' we have ever had.  Braindead.

Corrected. 

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think the bigger story is how shit have Bulgaria become, 4-3 vs Luxembourg, wtf?!

in fairness Luxembourg arent the whipping boys they used to be. they still lose a lot of games but they are levels above likes of Andorra and San Marino

• 6 years later...
Â