Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

• 2 weeks later...

Did Celtic actually terminate the loan last season? Can't say I was keeping track but that was around xmas wasn't it so he's got used to the sitting around and doing f all mode which will probably continue into next season

I believe he's had a contract offer, 3 year deal, possible one-year extension, reduced wages, Tesco.

I'd take it if I were you Aleksander.

Is it just me who thought he looked a decent player with the exception of the horrendous shooting.....? Going against the norm but I wouldn't mind him given another chance

• Like 1

Is it just me who thought he looked a decent player with the exception of the horrendous shooting.....? Going against the norm but I wouldn't mind him given another chance

i also thought he was rather decent.

I didn't think he was great, but I think the 'worst player in recent history' claims are far off the mark. I'd like to see him given a chance. He's not on high wages and has near zero resale value, so no harm in seeing if Tim can get something out of him. Don't think he's going to be first team but we need a squad.

If Tim gives him a go, isn't impressed, then let him go January or next summer. I think he's worth looking at.

His debut was a game to forget.

From what I saw of him in a Villa shirt, his problem is his selfishness. He will attempt to shoot from anywhere on the pitch, regardless of where other players are. From rumours of his time up North (I never saw him play there) this was his main problem there too.

I'd rather see Grealish, Gardner and (dare I say it) Gil given a chance over this guy.

we really should stop buying players from peasant leagues.

does everyone remember the bosko balaban rumour that we had bought a player who wasn't the real bosko? ye i reckon this is the same scenario lol

Â