Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

On the whole, 'is he really a racist' thing, here's the verdict from the tribunal:

The report described Logan as an “impressive witness”.

It added: “He gave his evidence in a careful and measured manner. He gave clear and unequivocal evidence that Mr Tonev had used the language complained of and that it had been targeted at him.”

However, the panel stated they were unable to accept the Bulgarian as “either credible or reliable” on the central issue of the case.

The report continued: “His evidence on his understanding of the language said to have been used, was particularly unsatisfactory.

“In chief examination his evidence was to the effect that he did not know what the word ‘word removed’ meant.

“On cross examination he explained that he had heard the term in his time at Aston Villa but did not know what it meant. He then accepted that he was aware that it was a term of abuse.

“The impression was of a witness giving a less than a full account of his actual understanding; and seemed to the tribunal to be an inherently improbable account.”

Edited by HanoiVillan

im sure people said Cleverley was useless up until March ;)

Dont agree that Tonev has same skillset but i be willing to give him a 2nd chance to prove me wrong

I wouldn't.  He was the poorest of Lambert's poor buys, which is quite poor indeed.

• Like 1

Twitter alert

The Holte ‏@TheHolteTweets  3h

Ludogorets Razgrad want Tonev for cheap. Think @StanPetrov19 should subsidise the wages, was your idea mate! #AVFC

AVFC Transfer Tweet ‏@AVFCTransTweet  17m

@StanPetrov19 what happened with him at the villa then mate? Pace? League challenge?

Stiliyan Petrov ‏@StanPetrov19  17m

@AVFCTransTweet bad management I would say.

He also agreed that Tonev shot from ridiculous angles. And he also agreed that he disliked the style of football.

Maybe Petrov trying to save face.

You cannot blame management, you can blame Lambert for signing him, but no amount of good management could make Tonev a player.

Easily the worst 'footballer' we have had during my lifetime.

Â