Jimzk5

I understand the points made about Mendes representing both managers and the player but the club has to be happy with the fee. On the basis that the owners of Wolves have a stake in the Gestifute agency of Mendes, do you think that they would be happy if assets were taken from their club so that their business partner can do a favour to another client. I don't think so and their share of the agents fee would not be higher than an increased transfer value.

If Jack Grealish is sold who would have the final say over the fee, the agent or the selling club?

I agree about the sentiment about football in general being less than clean at the moment and it seems that all clubs are happy to bend the rules whether it be by selling grounds ground to balance FFP Calcualtions or having close ties to agents.  At the end of the day though Mendes doesn't own Spurs, Wolves, Porto or anyone else to be able to fix transfer fees.

As mentioned in an earlier post, Doherty isn't a good full back but was certainly valuable to us in the specific role in the system that we play. We've got rid of him when his value will be at the highest that it will ever be even if most people think that it looks low. I'll be the first to hold my hand up in the air in saying that I was wrong if Doherty succeeds at Spurs but in my opinion he'll end up with just a bit player role for them. 

Edited by Baldricks Cunning Plan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy81 said:

I don't see what can be practically done here though, do you propose that a player cannot be sold to a club where the agent represents the buying club's manager as well as the player?

The alternative is maybe a fourth party steps in I guess.

Having a think about it, the phrasing is perhaps awry.

I mean the/an agent works for a Player (or Manager, or club). So firstly, it's not that "a player cannot be sold to ..." more that an agent (or agency) cannot (should not) represent more than one party in a deal. So yeah, the club should not use the same agent as the player in a deal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

Having a think about it, the phrasing is perhaps awry.

I mean the/an agent works for a Player (or Manager, or club). So firstly, it's not that "a player cannot be sold to ..." more that an agent (or agency) cannot (should not) represent more than one party in a deal. So yeah, the club should not use the same agent as the player in a deal. 

I don’t think agents or agencies should be allowed to represent players and managers. That would be a simple solution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Signing Fabio Silva from Porto for £40m apparently. He's highly rated in Portugal (and is insane on Football Manager), but has played less than 800 minutes of senior football and scored 3 goals, seems a massive risk to me for a player that will likely be a back up at best (for now), especially when they have other gaps to fill in their squad too.

I never heard of him until today but he has only ever started 1 league game for Porto and has a record of 1 goal in all his 15 career appearances so far. Porto top scorer had 12 goals last season and the 2nd top scorer was a left back so surely he should have got more game time

• Like 1

Trying to think of a parallel of such a big fee for someone who has played so little first team football. 

Cant think of anything remotely in this ball park. It’s an astonishing fee. No idea what to make of it. He’s either the next Messi or it’s another one of those deals more in Mendes’ interest than anyone else. 

47 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He’s either the next Messi or it’s another one of those deals more in Mendes’ interest than anyone else. 

It's definitely the latter.

Won't be the former but he's meant to be absolutely fantastic.

It'll be another big win for Football Manager's database if he's any good. Apparently he's the most recent superstar in the game. They were ahead of many with Haaland.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I never heard of him until today but he has only ever started 1 league game for Porto and has a record of 1 goal in all his 15 career appearances so far. Porto top scorer had 12 goals last season and the 2nd top scorer was a left back so surely he should have got more game time

Yeah I watched a fair bit of Porto on Freesports after lockdown and can't recall seeing this guy play, was always Moussa Marega upfront with someone else. Likes of Neves and Diogo Jota had more top level experience when they went to Wolves.

They signed Cutrone who'd been a regular in Serie A for a few years and he couldn't settle and went back after six months. Rafa Mir was also a higly rated young Spanish striker they signed midway through their promotion season and he's been loaned out since.

Guess as long as Jimenez stays fit it's not a issue, he can be eased into premier league with sub games but huge amount to be spending on someone with little top level experience. When we signed Adama at 18 you could see how raw his overall game was and he'd played a couple of games for Barcelona.

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It'll be another big win for Football Manager's database if he's any good. Apparently he's the most recent superstar in the game. They were ahead of many with Haaland.

The volume of scouting and data analysis on youth football nowadays makes this a lot easier for them. If you Google scout report and a random youth player (from a big club or national team) you can usually find something.

Plus things like Sofascore, WhoScored, Transfer markt, Index gain (linked to football index) and many more provide data on players. It's how  having never actually seen Rodrigo De Paul play I know of him (ideally I would also watch him but rarely have time nowadays) and that he's a very decent target for Leeds. 

Silva is certainly a prospect on FM but think Esposito at Inter is meant to be more the next big thing. 

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Esposito at inter Milan is the one for me but yeah I'd say he's this years de ligt / joao felix, it's a big wonderkid signing

Best defender on last year's game was Ruben Dias at benfica, guess who he's been linked with...

Benfica have a few coming through and a big investment this summer, the national team should be alright for a bit, look out for Trincao, florentino Luis and resende too

Â