Jimzk5

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised Wolves didn't get brewster as part of the deal.

They're light on experienced attacking options with Adama filling in at right wing back currently so will need to get another one in before deadline.

Because Brewster isn't a Mendes client

Here's what's happening at wolves

I dont know how wealthy the owners are, but mendes is probably the brains of the club  has numerous talent under hes wing as their agent

So jota went to wolves 4 years ago, even then I think he was a full international, no way a player of that calibre would join a club like wolves at the time, but Mendes puts him, and a few of the other talented players into wolves for minimal transfer fees, those players flourish and get promoted, get into the Europa league

But now he needs to get them out, they've done the job, so wolves make a small profit on a player they didn't really own, Jota gets the big move and wolves get another from the Mendes stable of young, quality but unproven players until they are ready to move on

Rinse and repeat 

• Like 2

@Jimzk5 Jota wasn't a full International when he joined us. He was someone Altetico Madrid signed that wasn’t good enough for them and was out on loan to Porto, playing under Nuno. 

The move to Wolves did make sense. Nuno obviously liked him and he wasn’t rated by his parent club. 

You’re saying a player of his calibre judging by how he seems to us all now, but at the time he was a 20 year old fringe player. 

Im gutted about this, £45m is a good price, but when it clicks for him he’ll be world class I think. Again, this is the model, happy to trust the club. 

Strange signing for Liverpool I think, not that I don’t think he’s a quality player.

Centre Midfield looks to be the obvious area they need to improve. Why spend £45m on someone to challenge Minamino & Shaqiri to be Mane/Salah’s backup.  

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

Strange signing for Liverpool I think, not that I don’t think he’s a quality player.

Centre Midfield looks to be the obvious area they need to improve. Why spend £45m on someone to challenge Minamino & Shaqiri to be Mane/Salah’s backup.  

they signed Thiago as well

Some are making out (not on here) that this is an example that Wolves are losing a big player as soon as a top club come knocking. I don’t see it like that at all, it represents good business, especially when players like Podence and Neto are probably considered to have higher ceilings.

• Like 2

If they get the replacements and bed them in 1st then it works

If they're left snapping up the next nzogbia then it doesn't 

Their business model will be based around moving these players on rather than losing them 

They need to make a contingency for Moutinho and Neves, that'll be interesting, could be this kid they got from Porto last week

• Like 1

The only other business model is to have billionaire owners pumping in their own money (like us) into the club and to cheat FFP by fake commercial deals.

Buy smart and sell with profit seem like a pretty nice business model to me.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Because Brewster isn't a Mendes client

Here's what's happening at wolves

I dont know how wealthy the owners are, but mendes is probably the brains of the club  has numerous talent under hes wing as their agent

So jota went to wolves 4 years ago, even then I think he was a full international, no way a player of that calibre would join a club like wolves at the time, but Mendes puts him, and a few of the other talented players into wolves for minimal transfer fees, those players flourish and get promoted, get into the Europa league

But now he needs to get them out, they've done the job, so wolves make a small profit on a player they didn't really own, Jota gets the big move and wolves get another from the Mendes stable of young, quality but unproven players until they are ready to move on

Rinse and repeat 

Mendez is making a bucket load of cash in the background on this somewhere. 

Wolves probably get lower transfer fees because agents payments in the background will be way higher than normal as compensation for him engineering them into Wolves in the first place. 

The incoming fee will be reinvested in other Mendez players for a rinse and repeat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Some are making out (not on here) that this is an example that Wolves are losing a big player as soon as a top club come knocking. I don’t see it like that at all, it represents good business, especially when players like Podence and Neto are probably considered to have higher ceilings.

Yeah forgot about Neto, he looked good in flashes last season although VAR didn't seem to like his goals very much.:lol:

Podence more experienced but haven't seen enough of him to judge yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

In for Nelson Semedo surprise surprise another Portuguese player  

Something weird about him, more a reflection on barca, good player, bags of potential, the minute they signed him there were rumours about them cashing in on him 

Bit like dembele there, can't settle because he's constantly linked with leaving, Trincao is the same now

But that leaves barca with sergi Roberto playing there, wague failed so bad on his loan last year that nice didn't take their option on him

Â