Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Don't they reckon he's pocketed about £8m frim the Silva sale?  Admittedly I've only seen a headline in passing.

Is that the one where the other few million of the astronomical agent fee has gone somewhere else that should raise suspicions?

Surely not though. Not Wolves. Massive in Portugal. All those Champions League players were just following their dreams.

It's almost refreshing to finally see one where there's too much money involved.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2020/09/10/revealed-9m-of-wolves-record-transfer-fee-going-to-agents/

More than £9million of the £35m club-record fee Wolves paid for Porto striker Fabio Silva is going to agents, according to the Portuguese club.

In a statement to the Portuguese Securities Market Commission, Porto said they are paying Jorge Mendes’ Gestifute agency £6.4m as part of the transfer. 

They also stated a further £2.75m will be paid to Soccer Talents Vision (STV) – the agency which represents Silva. 

Porto, by the statement, stand to receive around £26m.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Doesn't make sense for wolves to pay a ton in agents fees, fosun might as well just pay him direct as a salary and then keep their FFP low

They can't as then he will have an official interest in the club which will be a conflict of interest. Something they were narrowly found not guilty of previously when we can all see how much of a farce that is. Plucky Wolves, playing for whom is the dream of kids in Bilston and Lisbon. 

Things could start to get juicy at Wolves if Nuno leaves.

Mendes might decide he wants to move Traore and Neves and Patricio to another side to get himself £15m in the bank.

He won't mess with them while Nuno is at the helm though.

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Things could start to get juicy at Wolves if Nuno leaves.

Mendes might decide he wants to move Traore and Neves and Patricio to another side to get himself £15m in the bank.

He won't mess with them while Nuno is at the helm though.

Mendes was helping Wolves before Nuno came along, he has more reason to help the club than his mate.

We've only signed one champions league player this window, and I don't think a 31 year old full back from Lyon raises too many eyebrows.

The move for the two young players from Porto makes sense for them, they've seen other young players like Jota, Neto, and Neves come along and improve as players, so you can see why it would be viewed as a good career move.

That agent fee does seem high, but I know nothing about that stuff.  Seems like every one is winning from the deals to me, Wolves improve their squad, Porto get the cash they need to comply with FFP, and the players move forward in their careers.

Â