Jimzk5

Surely some of those will want to leave regardless if they don' make europe this season. They've already had a taste of it and Neves and Adama are coming up to mid 20s now so really need to be playing for a team who wins stuff and plays in CL every season.

Feels like they've probably peaked as a unit in last two years although they'll still be good bets to finish around 6th-8th.

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Things could start to get juicy at Wolves if Nuno leaves.

Mendes might decide he wants to move Traore and Neves and Patricio to another side to get himself £15m in the bank.

He won't mess with them while Nuno is at the helm though.

The company of Mendes (Gestifute) is part owned by the owners of Wolves. Who will he want to keep happy his client or his shareholders?

Dont get me wrong I want Traore to stay but if someone is willing to pay silly money for him I won’t lose any sleep. The wide forward areas is where we have the most cover. He’s not a Mendes client anyway.

Replacing Neves and Patricio would be much more difficult.

Edited by Baldricks Cunning Plan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Replacing Neves and Patricio would be much more difficult.

I think both of them walk in to the teams of PSG and Juve and then spurs, Chelsea, arsenal 

Neves gets in to utd, probably city, barca given their current shambles, arguably Liverpool given they're shopping for thiago

said before I think that's an underrated benefit of mendes, if neves played for villa he'd spend all summer linked with a move away, neves lets be honest is better than where wolves are at and will be better than where they will end up and yet there's nothing, never any transfer rumours, never any fishing in the papers for a new contract  

Still no idea how this interconnected triangle with the Mendes, Fosun and the club is not a conflict of interest. 

If I had a financial interest in a preferred supplier at work then every alarm would be flashing but its allowed for the club/agent to have a financial interest in a preferred supplier? 

Guess it will all come out in the wash if they upset any of the Sky 6

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I wonder if Wolves were to grab a CL spot they’d all be lodging complaints.

That would amazing after they’ve structured football for years to give themselves an unfair advantage 

• Like 2

On 13/09/2020 at 17:27, Andy81 said:

That would amazing after they’ve structured football for years to give themselves an unfair advantage 

While its super annoying Wolves or more appropriately their owners and Mendes have absolutely gamed the system. If they break the top they will shut down the loophole for sure but by then they might be established. Played a blinder. 

• Like 1

not sure how they can close the loophole tbh

putting it back in to the real world if I own a construction company who spends £100m a year at Travis Perkins what's to stop me from buying Travis Perkins and then selling the products to myself at net price? absolutely nothing

im just surprised no one else has done it, PSG or Man City should have bought Raiola's company

Raiola buying a football club I can see them shutting down

the other thing I would be interested in is how these Portuguese kids are reacting to what mendes is blatantly doing, if you're a 15/16 year old breaking through at Benfica or Porto this year and Mendes approaches you then you must have some sort of idea as to what the plan will be, not sure if that is an attraction or not

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not sure how they can close the loophole tbh

putting it back in to the real world if I own a construction company who spends £100m a year at Travis Perkins what's to stop me from buying Travis Perkins and then selling the products to myself at net price? absolutely nothing

im just surprised no one else has done it, PSG or Man City should have bought Raiola's company

Raiola buying a football club I can see them shutting down

the other thing I would be interested in is how these Portuguese kids are reacting to what mendes is blatantly doing, if you're a 15/16 year old breaking through at Benfica or Porto this year and Mendes approaches you then you must have some sort of idea as to what the plan will be, not sure if that is an attraction or not

With the building thing you might be investigated for competition laws etc. 

It might be you can only have so many player from one agent or something. No idea. When the man's and the arsenal's etc start moaning though they'll do something

Pretty good win for them yesterday to start things off. Think it took until October for them to win a league game last year and they were still in top 8 for 3/4 of the season.

Interesting to see how they go but they are superb at game management once they're ahead in games.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Andy will know better than me but im sure stoke have one over on wolves and baggies, both of them do shit against them

They really buggered us up too with that one 94th minute goal.  The fact it was Glenn Whelan makes it even more tragic.

Yeah, bloody embarrassing result that, fair play to Stoke.  We beat them away while in the championship and they were in the Premier League the season before promotion so what goes around...

Quite annoying as well given we would have had Gillingham at home in the next round, and with no Europe this season would have had a decent shot at it.  Grealish's volley was lovely the other night by the way, decent game that.

Don't know what happened with Jota, but his girlfriend is pregnant so possibly to do with that.

Stoke is never a nice game for anyone, and it's a mixed bag for us, we do ok generally, I don't think either side really has the upper hand.  Albion really tend to struggle against them, or at least they did.

Â