Jimzk5

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Funny enough a Portuguese friend of mine said he was dreadful at Benfica and he didnt get up to much at Atletico either. 

Gives me some hope for young Wesley

I know, it will be great when he starts banging them in for Crystal Palace ;)

On 28/12/2019 at 11:06, Davkaus said:

We sing "Birmingham are you listening" pretty much every game, and "**** the Albion" is fairly common as well so I'm not sure we can lord it over the other teams about their obsession.

Right.  But Birmingham City and West Brom are our rivals.  We don't sing about Wolves.  We couldn't (for the most part) give a **** about Wolves.  However, they love to sing about us.

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Linked with hulk post China contract thing 

Maybe nuno would get a tune out of him but I thought he was garbage before he went to the pub league 

Their fans think its a "look how big a club we are" thing, it's really not 

Terrible at the world cup in 2014, could barely move then. Flat track bully in weak leagues.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/01/2020 at 17:46, Zatman said:

With Chelsea slipping up a lot and the other big teams struggling. Not beyond possibility for Wolves to sneak into top 4

Yes looks like the top three are sealed. Wolves have a chance. Adama has really come of age this year. A lot of big clubs will want him. 

This may be unfair...

Although Traore has improved, I'm not sure it's by that big a margin. He could always do the mental take on 5 at once stuff.

The crosses he's producing are fairly standard a lot of the time, they're just coming after he's been put in a good position to roast some poor clearing in the woods who's been isolated and has no chance to stop him. (The screaming goals are new though, and welcome)

Wolves just use him brilliantly. Near on perfectly in fact.

The formation works so well. Jimenez plus the whole midfield and defence are all such intelligent players, drilled into fantastic system. Feels like over half of all their plays are built to release him into space. They flock to him as well when he's deep to give him an out ball, because you know he'd be up for trying to carry it past 10 players up to the other box.

Loads and loads of credit to Nuno for managing to harness him to this extent. Having so many smart and talented players around him has helped as well. And credit to Traore for this new consistency, one of the the most exciting players in the world the watch.

• Like 1

Don't think their form has been that great of late, only taken four points from the last five games, losing to Watford and failing to beat Newcastle, also got knocked out of the FA cup by United. They're closer to Newcastle in fourteenth than they are to Chelsea in fourth. Still doing better than I was expecting though.

Traore has definitely improved. But I don't think we can be blamed for not keeping him.

He was absolutely **** toilet for us. And although the potential was there, his alleged attitude wasn't something we should have been tolerating.

Fair play to him (and Nuno) for harnessing some of that potential, but I don't think it's a massive stain on Aston Villa that we let him go.

• Like 3

On 24/01/2020 at 22:09, Tomaszk said:

This may be unfair...

Although Traore has improved, I'm not sure it's by that big a margin. He could always do the mental take on 5 at once stuff.

The crosses he's producing are fairly standard a lot of the time, they're just coming after he's been put in a good position to roast some poor clearing in the woods who's been isolated and has no chance to stop him. (The screaming goals are new though, and welcome)

Wolves just use him brilliantly. Near on perfectly in fact.

The formation works so well. Jimenez plus the whole midfield and defence are all such intelligent players, drilled into fantastic system. Feels like over half of all their plays are built to release him into space. They flock to him as well when he's deep to give him an out ball, because you know he'd be up for trying to carry it past 10 players up to the other box.

Loads and loads of credit to Nuno for managing to harness him to this extent. Having so many smart and talented players around him has helped as well. And credit to Traore for this new consistency, one of the the most exciting players in the world the watch.

That's my thoughts on him too, still one of the most exciting players to watch, still ridiculously fast, still skinning people for fun, decision making and crossing still iffy albeit improved

I'd love to see a stat for him for dribbles that resulted in a chance created, that one that Jack is the best player in the league at, I would lazily guess that the overall stats for him running and beating players is incredible, goals and assists are good but % of successful beating of a defender followed by a chance or goals and assists are actually quite poor 

• 3 months later...

Apparently, Morgan Gibbs White (Wolves next big thing) was out partying at the weekend with people from sex on the Beach. Another one who previously was a club spokesman in the don’t go out push. 
Footballers really are a different kind Of stupid aren’t they.

Â