Jimzk5

30 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Apparently, Morgan Gibbs White (Wolves next big thing) was out partying at the weekend with people from sex on the Beach. Another one who previously was a club spokesman in the don’t go out push. 
Footballers really are a different kind Of stupid aren’t they.

Thick as shit most of them. Fancy going to a party?! Trouble is there is no punishment. They might get a fine from the club but they earn a fair amount anyway so it has no impact. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Thick as shit most of them. Fancy going to a party?! Trouble is there is no punishment. They might get a fine from the club but they earn a fair amount anyway so it has no impact. 

It’s bad enough going to a party. They then put it up on Snapchat and Instagram and then delete it. 
Like you say no retribution so they’ll keep on doing it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First time I’ve properly seen wolves play in a long time. Such a well drilled team. Defensively have a very good shape, and if they lose possession they get into this shape quickly. On the ball, everyone knows their role and what to do. They execute the counter attack brilliantly. 
I think they have really benefited from the lay off as their season has been so long. Could have seen them falter in March ala our MON teams but now look refreshed again.

Would be so frustrating if they beat our “achievements” under MON and finished top5

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

First time I’ve properly seen wolves play in a long time. Such a well drilled team. Defensively have a very good shape, and if they lose possession they get into this shape quickly. On the ball, everyone knows their role and what to do. They execute the counter attack brilliantly. 
I think they have really benefited from the lay off as their season has been so long. Could have seen them falter in March ala our MON teams but now look refreshed again.

Would be so frustrating if they beat our “achievements” under MON and finished top5

They actually remind me of us under MON a fair bit. Lots of pace in final third, an excellent combination in central midfield that aren't the quickest but know how to pass and shield a ball (Neves-Moutinho similar to Barry-Petrov) and plenty of strength and height at the back. Probably where they shade it is Jimenez is better than what we had back then (although Carew and Gabby had their good spells in seasons). Also have natural full backs compared to us putting likes of Mellberg and Cuellar there who couldn't add much to the attack.

Think that's reflected in their results. Very rarely lose away but drop more points than you'd expect from top 6 team at home which was of course our problem under MON. Home record will probably improve in run in without fans demanding they push forward all the time when they want to sit back and wait for space.

It's all about striking while the iron is hot. They can keep likes of Neves no problem if they have CL football. We couldn't quite manage it and lost Young, Milner and Barry.

• Like 2

I know it annoys some fans who think we are even or better than Wolves but they are a top team. We kept them honest today, they had 2 otber chances from errors from Nyland and Nakamba. 

Nuno I think is a great manager, he isnt a tactical expert but he allows players to trust him and believes in them. Helps he has pure quality

• Like 2

People will tell you it's hard and takes time to build a club.

Nope. Not at all.

Just buy good players, not shit ones. That's 90% of the battle.

Hire a good manager. There's the last 10%.

So easy. This is Wolves' second season in the PL, not their tenth.

What a fecking damaging waste of time the summer was. That was a huge chance to set ourselves up. Now we're going to lose one of our best players ever and have to start again.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

People will tell you it's hard and takes time to build a club.

Nope. Not at all.

Just buy good players, not shit ones. That's 90% of the battle.

Hire a good manager. There's the last 10%.

So easy. This is Wolves' second season in the PL, not their tenth.

What a fecking damaging waste of time the summer was. That was a huge chance to set ourselves up. Now we're going to lose one of our best players ever and have to start again.

Faur enough but Wolves were promoted in March, was end of May for us when player transfers are already organised . March last season we were midtable

They also signed Moutinho and Patricio from Mendes contacts we didn't have

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Faur enough but Wolves were promoted in March, was end of May for us when player transfers are already organised . March last season we were midtable

They also signed Moutinho and Patricio from Mendes contacts we didn't have

Oh yeah absolutely, we don't have the facility to get players for half of their value like Wolves. Dream if we did. Wolves have absolutely won the lottery and won't be returning to anywhere below 10th for the next 10 years if the Mendes relationship remains in place. If they qualify for the Champions League which will probably happen in the next two or three years it opens them up to another level of player. (Incidentally Arsenal are currently showing what happens when that kind of relationship goes south. Making a right mess... I mean, so have we, hopefully Suso the charlatan hasn't put us in too deep with his useless agent mates)

But we could have finished 12th this season if we'd bought good players and not shit ones. Yes, even with Dean Smith IMO.

We have a early 00s guy in charge of recruitment. Not a man for the 2020s. We need to get data guys in to find the pool of players, then use scouts to refine from there. OR. Get Jonathan Barnett in to do all our deals :lol:

Didn't we sign El Ghazi due to Mendes and also that random keeper who played one match last season (interested where he ended up this season).

I get all the points about that but Wolves still had to convince them their project was worth it. Moutinho was a regular for Monaco in CL and having a great life with family in Monte Carlo, swopped all that for Tettenhall wood.

Seems too often we're just grateful for any old mid table dross that wants to join us. To me we signed much better quality as a championship club in recent years with Terrry, Abraham, Tuanzebe and Snodgrass coming in last two years.

That's why I'm so disappointed by what we did last summer having the pull of premier league again.

• Like 1

Well we had 6 weeks preparation, shortest of any promoted team ever. As said we didnt expect promotion until then. We were scraping the bottom of barrel, sad but true. With preparation we wouldnt have signed Trezeguet maybe even Wesley.

Play off winners are famous for being shit so no idea why we would be better

Wolves have been able to sign a few players that they proababIy wouldn't have been able to get if it wasn't for Mendes, but I think this idea that they have been signing superstars for half their value is a bit of myth, when you look at their signings a lot of them weren't getting much game time for their previous clubs, including some of the big names like Boly, Neves, and Jimenez. The only players they've bought that you could call established stars really are Jimenez, Moutinho and Patricio, so  whilst very decent players it's not as if they've been making Man City/Chelsea type signings that no other club could possibly hope to make.

By far and away their biggest asset has been Nuno, I think the big test will be how the get on when he leaves, but I think the good news for them is that I can't see him leaving for a while yet.

• Like 2

I think Diego Jota is worth a mention in there @useless, whilst he was no established superstar he was getting games for Porto, and is a very handy player.

Wolves recruitment has been spectacular, their best asset imo is the chemistry and cohesion they play with though. As said previously knowing their shape and roles.

This could be thought of as Nuno's mastermind, but I think there's quite a few complementary factors.

Language is fundamental to chemistry, and their stars speak Portugese and Spanish.

Adama Traore comes off the bench. That's the level of standard the whole team can muster.

• Like 1

Many of their players already played together at previous clubs, Nuno managed some of them too. Mendes clubs. Works well for them.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

They've come back in great form, Leicester are in free fall, Chelsea are inconsistent as ****... I don't think they'll ever get a better chance than this for the CL, everything is falling in their lap

Got Chelsea to play last game of the season but before that I think they could win them all, depending on utd form they could be looking at 3rd

**** that! 

Nuno such a great coach.

In certain games, they hardly press at all. 20 mins in v Arsenal and they're just waiting in their own half.

This is how they've gone 60 games or whatever it is and they could still win Europa. It's not about mindless running. Run when it matters.

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Nuno such a great coach.

In certain games, they hardly press at all. 20 mins in v Arsenal and they're just waiting in their own half.

This is how they've gone 60 games or whatever it is and they could still win Europa. It's not about mindless running. Run when it matters.

They are losing

Â