Jimzk5

1 hour ago, TRO said:

but even City had to evolve to arrive at where they are today.....massive wealth and consistently good decisions, does fast track you though.

Wolves just need to do the same.....my advice to them would be stabilise in the division, and just look at league placing with one eye.

agree but i think wolves will get cherry picked which will mean they have a ceiling that city didn't

dont think you can underestimate city's undermining of their peers either, did it with us, definitely did it with arsenal and also happily rode stories linking rooney and terry to them, will wolves start being linked with arsenal and chelsea players in an attempt to topple them? dont see it myself, everyone has silly money now

They'll be midtable but no more than that, wasn't too impressed with them on Saturday. Struggled against 10 men hugely. Imagine they'll beat the brightons watfords southamptons cardiffs etc but their fans talking about Europe are in cloud cuckoo land. And Neves will surely be picked off by the big boys in January

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

agree but i think wolves will get cherry picked which will mean they have a ceiling that city didn't

dont think you can underestimate city's undermining of their peers either, did it with us, definitely did it with arsenal and also happily rode stories linking rooney and terry to them, will wolves start being linked with arsenal and chelsea players in an attempt to topple them? dont see it myself, everyone has silly money now

I understand your point.....But more and more Billionaires are taking over clubs.....so consequently money is not as much as a bait as it was.

We have just highlighted that with Jack.

Clubs don't have to sell as readily as they did.

I think the very big clubs are becoming aware of  this and changing their strategy to having armies of graduate players on loan.

Nearly every club has a Man city player on loan.....they'll end up playing themselves.( just kidding there)

4 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

They'll be midtable but no more than that, wasn't too impressed with them on Saturday. Struggled against 10 men hugely. Imagine they'll beat the brightons watfords southamptons cardiffs etc but their fans talking about Europe are in cloud cuckoo land. And Neves will surely be picked off by the big boys in January

Neves will of course leave one day, but it won't be January.

We played worse on Saturday than we generally did last season.  Players seemed nervous and Costa and Jota were absolutely lacking sharpness.

We'll improve on that performance a lot over the next month / six weeks which means we got a point not at our best coming from behind twice, which is a positive.

I really wasn't keen on having a right footer at left wing back however, that really slowed us down going forward.

Edited by Andy81

Well you'll have plenty of time to work things out in training. The premier league schedule is stupid for newly promoted clubs / teams not in europe, Especially this year with 3 international breaks before xmas.

No midweek games at all in the first 4 months

3 games in august

4 games in september

3 games in october

3 games in november

Then a mad 7 game run in December.

Good job you bought all those new players, No idea how last years lot used to playing 2 games every week will cope with 13 games in 4 months...

6 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Well you'll have plenty of time to work things out in training. The premier league schedule is stupid for newly promoted clubs / teams not in europe, Especially this year with 3 international breaks before xmas.

No midweek games at all in the first 4 months

3 games in august

4 games in september

3 games in october

3 games in november

Then a mad 7 game run in December.

Good job you bought all those new players, No idea how last years lot used to playing 2 games every week will cope with 13 games in 4 months...

I had the same thought when the fixtures came out.  I'm used to three games a week, and now there are sometimes three games a month.

I'm sure Bournemouth away will still get moved to 8pm on a Tuesday in January though!

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Had a quick look on their forums last night and yes they have started Nuno out threads....

And they had a go at us for wanting Bruce sacked.....

Dont they remember Lambert was in charge before Nuno

34 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Doherty says they're going to win the premier league in the six years... bit like Xia saying we'll be one of the top three clubs in the world 

they look flat to me, compared to what they used to be.

They're overrated, do not have a good forward and are not very good at the back, Cody is barely Premier League level, Boly just about is. Players like Helder Costa and Cavalerio are pretty run of the mill. A lot of their fans seems to be suffering from some sort of mental disorder. Their squad as it stands is good enough to finish like 12th at best, not sure where all the expectation has come from. 

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't they got anyone bar Cody who can speak English? Sick of hearing him being interviewed on WM, horrendous Scouse accent.

And the rocket polishers couldn't stop Livercack winning yet again.

• Like 2

I haven't paid any attention to football outside Villa and the WC in years so I wouldn't really know but I thought Wolves looked very decent on paper.

Not surprised that with good management they were up to 7th in the league.

How's Moutinho doing?

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wolves doing well.in premier league

Congrats to them. I have no beef with wolves. For me it was all banter between the clubs last year. It's not the same as blose and the boggies.

As a Black Country villan - sorry I have plenty of beef with the dingles - arrogant fans, deluded because they try to claim they are the biggest club in the midlands ??

• Like 1

On 21/12/2018 at 22:37, rjw63 said:

Haven't they got anyone bar Cody who can speak English? Sick of hearing him being interviewed on WM, horrendous Scouse accent.

And the rocket polishers couldn't stop Livercack winning yet again.

Sky also did a piece before the game with him and Carragaher. Just seemed a bit weird cause he is an ex-player.

Suppose It's either him or Don Goodman.

Â