Jimzk5

1 hour ago, MikeAVFC said:

About to pay a club record £20 million fee for Jonny at Atletico. Jesus, that 4-1 win over them seems an awfully long time ago now. They're far from perfect but definitely the benchmark for a promoted side. 

And in the mean time, what are our scouts doing?

Juanfran must be on one hell of a holiday as bugger all has emerged for us since our affiliation with Mr Mendes and friends...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sometimes the second season is a lot tougher than the first. Be interested to see where they go from here next year and I think they will get a lot fk clubs poaching their better players like what happened to us. 

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sometimes the second season is a lot tougher than the first. Be interested to see where they go from here next year and I think they will get a lot fk clubs poaching their better players like what happened to us. 

I said that too, realistically they will be competing with Leicesters and Watfords which might be not good enough for better players.

They've build a very solid foundation to work from.

Of course their better players will move on if a bid comes in from a bigger team, it happens to Man U ffs.

And since it was the business idea when Mendes stepped anyway I doubt they'd shocked when it happens.

24 minutes ago, sne said:

They've build a very solid foundation to work from.

Of course their better players will move on if a bid comes in from a bigger team, it happens to Man U ffs.

And since it was the business idea when Mendes stepped anyway I doubt they'd shocked when it happens.

The next Neves or Jota can look at Wolves then as perfect place to move as well so helps attract players. They also have solid players like Moutinho, Patricio, Doherty, Jimenez etc who arent over the hill but probably past the age of a big club snapping them up

• Like 2

Good against the good teams. Less good against the less good teams.

The not insignificant number of people who live near me that have conveniently remembered they’re Wolves supporters in the last year or two seem content anyway.

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Good against the good teams. Less good against the less good teams.

The not insignificant number of people who live near me that have conveniently remembered they’re Wolves supporters in the last year or two seem content anyway.

That's what we'll hopefully get to experience sometime soon making the need for a new or expanded stadium a thing.

I imagine Villa have quite a few dormant fans.

1 minute ago, sne said:

That's what we'll hopefully get to experience sometime soon making the need for a new or expanded stadium a thing.

I imagine Villa have quite a few dormant fans.

Oh I don’t believe for a second it’s unique to Wolves, of course it’s undoubtedly the case for loads of teams, Villa possibly more than most.

But the dormant fans of Sheffield Wednesday, Forest etc don’t live near me*, so they aren’t an annoyance.

*unless there are some near me and I’m yet to find that out :ph34r:

• Like 2

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Oh I don’t believe for a second it’s unique to Wolves, of course it’s undoubtedly the case for loads of teams, Villa possibly more than most.

But the dormant fans of Sheffield Wednesday, Forest etc don’t live near me*, so they aren’t an annoyance.

*unless there are some near me and I’m yet to find that out :ph34r:

Wait until they start winning 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

First it was the foreign players wont hack english winter, then it was they would leave the moment they go up, then it was can they handle the step up.

Now its can they do it again next season 😂

So you think they will be able to better 6thnext season? 

Can't believe they were in championship last year and sitting 7th in the Prem this season.

Fecking ridicilous. Should not be possible in such a short space of time.

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't believe they were in championship last year and sitting 7th in the Prem this season.

Supporters of Forest, Newcastle and Ipswich with long memories will be able to vouch for and better 7th position.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Ipswich finished 4th there first season in the prem I think

• Like 1

Also in with a great chance of getting to the FA Cup final. They haven't done that since 1960. This could be their best team since those days of Wright, Broadbent, Hancock and Mullen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So you think they will be able to better 6thnext season? 

They were in League 1 about 5 years ago. I think they are happy enough in the position they aee

• Like 1

Hate to say it but they've been a breath of fresh air in the premier league and recruited very well. Think they've got a decent chance of rustling the big boys in the next few years if they continue their upward momentum. Got to admit I'm surprised at well Jimenez has done, struck me as bang average for Mexico and Benfica. Been fantastic for Wolves though this year

Edited by MikeAVFC
  • Like 2

Â