Jimzk5

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I can imagine the live updates now;

"Traore runs with the ball. Passes one player, leaves another on his arse, uses incredible athleticism to get past another!  Oh my word - he's done another one, AND ANOTHER ONE!!! 

OMFG LOOK AT HIM RUN.  SERIOUSLY JESUS CHRIST HE'S DONE ANOTHER ****!! Only the keeper to beat.. 

*I'M LITERALLY BEADING WITH SWEAT HERE* 

HERE IT COMES, 1 V 1....(!!!!!****!!!!)

Goalkick to Watford.

(Shot by Traore goes towards the top right of the goal, over the stands and breaks local council house window.  Woman with rolling pin is leaning out shouting wildly "this is the 5th time this season you word removed!") ".  

you have been studying him too much.

but he must be good he is worth 20 million.....Jack Grealish is only worth a bit more.......apparently.

• Haha 1

Will watch Adama with interest there. Wolves don't really play wingers so interested where they put him on the pitch.

Surprised they haven't signed a good striker with all the money they've spent.

Bonatini hardly scored a goal after xmas in the championship, Helder Costa and Cavalerio are inconsistant and Raul Jimenez has a mediocre scoring record in europe so far although guess he'll be starting striker for them.

In talks to sign Leander Dendoncker from Anderlect and Oleksander Zinchenko from City according to sky. Sun say they're bidding for PSG's Layvin Kurzawa. Like HOW TF are they doing this??!! 

Edited by MikeAVFC

Think Adama will be a good option to bring off the bench to run at tired players for the last 10-20 minutes. Hopefully for his sake he can get his head up and develop some end product also.

9 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

In talks to sign Leander Dendoncker from Anderlect and Oleksander Zinchenko from City according to sky. Sun say they're bidding for PSG's Layvin Kurzawa. Like HOW TF are they doing this??!! 

Yes forget Adama, this would be a terrific signing for them if it materialises. 

14 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

Now that we're not in the same league anymore I'm loving it. Love seeing all these articles of the PL big boys sweating. I read one that said "Wolves. Are they shady or brilliant, or both?". 

• Like 1

On 08/08/2018 at 11:57, villa4europe said:

he'll be like gabby, the opposition defence will have to adjust their line to match up against up, they should play deeper meaning that the likes of neves and moutinho have more space to play in 

but seriously i dont even buy in to the "frustrating" tag, he's shit, he's got less of a footballing brain than gabby, the barca stuff is guff that means nothing, he played in a barca b team that got relegated, for us the excitement of seeing him run at people masked what he was actually doing, I've never seen someone find so many cul-de-sacs, he cant pass, can barely cross (that 1 assist for Gil's goal is an awful cross) but he can run really fast and beat 3 players!!! its just a shame the 4th player will take the ball off him

surprised any villa fan still rates him after the play off semi finals, hutton had him on a plate, any PL left back should be able to do the same

In the prem what seemed to happen is he'd come on, go on one amazing run and the opposition defence would shit themselves because they weren't expecting it.

But then after that they'd be ready for it and deal with him comfortably.

As everyone else has said, he has huge potential, but I struggle to see him realising it. The signs are there last season that he was improving but I'm not so sure he'll have the same success in the Prem.

If he ever gets it all right, he'll be incredible. I just don't see it happening.

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't see how much if a impact he can do there at a higher level . He couldn't even beat a 34 year old defender in the Scottish cafu over two legs 

Yeah but you’re forgetting in the two league games we played Boro, he scored and assisted so many ti......oh hang on.

I was talking to my Wolves mate about him today, “raw talent” was a phrase that was used. I did remind him that we were saying the same thing three years ago. Maybe he’ll come good, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he becomes more of an impact sub for them.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't see how much if a impact he can do there at a higher level . He couldn't even beat a 34 year old defender in the Scottish cafu over two legs 

You know a few games doesnt define a player 

I said last season that Neves would get in most premier league sides and I stand by that, he'd be a regular for at least 16 of the sides in this league, he's top class. Wolves need some better defenders and a good striker, despite Jimenez scoring he's really not very good at all and won't get double figures this season. If they get a better centre half, right back and striker they could get a Europa League spot. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Don't think Wolves have enough goals in the final third to finish that high (was talking to a few Portuguese fans on another forum and they said Jimenez needed another striker alongside him at Benfica to be fully effective so not a lone frontman). They'll be comfortable mid table though which is pretty much the same.

Everton must've wished they''d have got in Mina sooner as Jagielka red cost them the win.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Don't think Wolves have enough goals in the final third to finish that high (was talking to a few Portuguese fans on another forum and they said Jimenez needed another striker alongside him at Benfica to be fully effective so not a lone frontman). They'll be comfortable mid table though which is pretty much the same.

Everton must've wished they''d have got in Mina sooner as Jagielka red cost them the win.

He's a reasonably effective target man but a shite finisher, striker has to be a priority for them. 

Â