Jimzk5

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's a reasonably effective target man but a shite finisher, striker has to be a priority for them. 

It's certainly their weak spot imo, Costa, Cavalero etc all tricky players but not regular scorers. Jota scored loads last season but he's more a number 10 in style. Surprised Bonatini's still there as don't think he even scored a goal in the championship after xmas.

Guess you can't solve all the issues in one window and they've got an amazing midfield for a promoted team so that can compenstate until January.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Neves is a proper player. After this season he will walk into a top club midfield

It was cringeworthy seeing some on here argue that Grealish was pound for the pound the best player in the division last season. Neves is in a completely different league to Grealish.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It was cringeworthy seeing some on here argue that Grealish was pound for the pound the best player in the division last season. Neves is in a completely different league to Grealish.

Hmm neves played near enough the whole season grealish was out for the first three.months. i personally think there isn't much between them. When you consider grealish was biasing games in cup semis vs Liverpool as well.

they're very different players, neves is a proper CM, he's better IMO but wolves fans are oblivious to what his deal is and whats going to happen to him in the next year or 2, he's signed a new contract and they're flying up the table...means **** all! he shouldnt be there, they're a mere stepping stone, got his foot in the door of english football, being given a star role and every opportunity to show big fish what he's about, he'll be gone the moment city stick £60m on the table, which seeing as they wanted and didnt get jorginho this summer means they are in the market for a CM

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm neves played near enough the whole season grealish was out for the first three.months. i personally think there isn't much between them. When you consider grealish was biasing games in cup semis vs Liverpool as well.

Neves is on a different planet, there's a massive gap between them when you adjust for position.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I remember saying after the game against Wolves that if you’d only watched that game, most would think Jack was the player destined for the very top. Not sure if it’s what you’re referring to but I don’t remember anyone saying what you claim.

20 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I saw Wolves are being tipped for CL qualification, are they really that good?

no

they're doing ok, got some really good young players, got a good manager but the gulf in quality between the top table and the rest is incredible, I'm sat watching arsenal thinking they wont get near the top 4, wolves wont get near arsenal

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

no

they're doing ok, got some really good young players, got a good manager but the gulf in quality between the top table and the rest is incredible, I'm sat watching arsenal thinking they wont get near the top 4, wolves wont get near arsenal

Birnley did last season ?

On 12/08/2018 at 08:31, Demitri_C said:

Wish them the best of luck. Despite their fans giving us a bit of aggro last year I still think there is a respect between both clubs unlike boggies and blose.

That's always been my opinion.

Thought Wigan would be a tricky game for you, so wonderful three points.

You must be happy with your good start after the slow start last season cost you most likely.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

You must be happy with your good start after the slow start last season cost you most likely.

Yep but we ain't going up without another defender or striker so let's hope we can use the loan market well this month.

2 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Thanks Andy. For me it was always a but do friendly banter between the two clubs. I don't think it's hatred like blose and boggies 

Villa vs wolves deserves to be in premier league hopefully it will in few years...

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks Andy. For me it was always a but do friendly banter between the two clubs. I don't think it's hatred like blose and boggies 

Villa vs wolves deserves to be in premier league hopefully it will in few years...

Totally agree.

I've always thought the two kits look awesome on the pitch under flood lights too, and the atmosphere at both games last season was fantastic.

It'll happen, you're over the worst of it I think.

• Thanks 1

On 12/08/2018 at 12:53, villa4europe said:

they're very different players, neves is a proper CM, he's better IMO but wolves fans are oblivious to what his deal is and whats going to happen to him in the next year or 2, he's signed a new contract and they're flying up the table...means **** all! he shouldnt be there, they're a mere stepping stone, got his foot in the door of english football, being given a star role and every opportunity to show big fish what he's about, he'll be gone the moment city stick £60m on the table, which seeing as they wanted and didnt get jorginho this summer means they are in the market for a CM

but even City had to evolve to arrive at where they are today.....massive wealth and consistently good decisions, does fast track you though.

Wolves just need to do the same.....my advice to them would be stabilise in the division, and just look at league placing with one eye.

Â