Jimzk5

TBF I could see it more from the angle of seeing your team actually win at Wembley (Wolves only have the sherpa van win from the 80s) but then I don't think fa cup semi finals should be played at Wembley anyway and our embarassing performance in the actual final in 2015 pretty much negated the glorious win v Liverpool in my mind.

Anyway Wolves will finish in the top half comfortably and they have strong foundations to remain in top half for next few years. We need to get promoted and aim for the same, would be good for the Midlands to have two strong teams in the top half of the league rather than the teams just battling relegation all the time as has happened for last decade.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I imagine the person who runs villareport gets a fair bit of stick, a percentage of that will be from Wolves fans, so I get the holder of that account wanting to have a dig when the opportunity arises. They did likewise when Fulham were relegated I think.

Still petty as **** though. Holding a semi final win from 2015 as some sort of benchmark to laugh at another club is fairly dismal. “Mind the Watford gap” would have been a little bit wittier.

😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Django_Zooms said:

In your opinion. Which I am utterly entitled not to share. I really appreciated going to Wembley to watch Villa in cup finals.

am I allowed to share mine? :ph34r:

Bet a few Wolves fans enjoyed their day out at Wembley too. They should do they did really well for about 93 mins.

And Jimenez's goal was lovely.

Great game. Made up for yesterday's semi-final.

• Like 1

I dozed off after Sunday dinner, when I woke up and saw the result. I couldn't stop laughing

In my area its all Dingle fans (except of course for the UTD and Pool glory hunters) I never used to look out for their scores, but lately they have been taking the piss

😂

15 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Absolutely fantastic game, but probably the most painful I've ever been to.  That hurt at the end not gonna lie.

However, on reflection it's been an amazing season in which our squad and probably coaching staff has developed hugely.  We look a real threat now and we're a tough game for every club in the country (Huddersfield aside).

I would expect us to improve the squad in the summer and to kick on.

Hell of a first season back.

Yeah you've had an amazing season. Pretty much the maximum that any newly promoted team can do. Congrats! 

Will be interesting to see how next season goes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy81 said:

Absolutely fantastic game, but probably the most painful I've ever been to.  That hurt at the end not gonna lie.

However, on reflection it's been an amazing season in which our squad and probably coaching staff has developed hugely.  We look a real threat now and we're a tough game for every club in the country (Huddersfield aside).

fair play, it's just nice to get there......you have had a meteororic rise from the doldrums and fair play to all concerned.

We too, are on the rise, but some way behind you yet.

However, in terms of Popularity i.e Attendances....Mind the Gap.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Getting European football is the next step

But after that kick on to where? 14 points off utd, you're not having any kind of summer that sees you catch them let alone another 2 points that sees you get 4th

Need to consolidate themselves in the 10th - 7th spot, the problem being linger there too long and you'll get better teams sniff around your players

Not knocking wolves, I just see them as a good example of how the league is **** 

Absolutely see your point.  We have dropped a lot of points to teams in the bottom five, a top six team wouldn't do that, so hypothetically if we turned those results around and maintained our record against the top six we would be making progress.

To do this I think we need different types of midfielders that can unlock tight defences.  Also we have a small squad, a few more players of the same level so we could rest at certain points of the season would also help.

There is still room to grow.  As you say, the Premier League glass ceiling is shit, and maybe we won't make it through, but it would be good for the league if somebody did.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

fair play, it's just nice to get there......you have had a meteororic rise from the doldrums and fair play to all concerned.

We are too are on the rise, but some way behind you yet.

However in terms of Popularity i.e Attendances....Mind the Gap.

Well, we've sold out pretty much every game this season including Shrewsbury at home, so we're doing ok there.

I've only heard 'Mind the Gap' sung once at a game this season, at Bristol City away, which was just a throw back to last season, don't take it too personally, that particular spat is dying down I think.  We can be friends again now :)

I was more bothered by seeing some Villa fans stick up for Deeney yesterday!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Absolutely see your point.  We have dropped a lot of points to teams in the bottom five, a top six team wouldn't do that, so hypothetically if we turned those results around and maintained our record against the top six we would be making progress.

To do this I think we need different types of midfielders that can unlock tight defences.  Also we have a small squad, a few more players of the same level so we could rest at certain points of the season would also help.

There is still room to grow.  As you say, the Premier League glass ceiling is shit, and maybe we won't make it through, but it would be good for the league if somebody did.

I don't see a lot of problem with Wolves....very good side.

You have now arrived at a place where consolidation is the key and just adding one or two every season , so as not to disrupt, but just improve gradually.

Don't despair....Watford are a more resilient side than folk give them credit for and in Troy Deeney they have a modern day Andy Gray ( full of heart)

You have much to be pleased about.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Well, we've sold out pretty much every game this season including Shrewsbury at home, so we're doing ok there.

I've only heard 'Mind the Gap' sung once at a game this season, at Bristol City away, which was just a throw back to last season, don't take it too personally, that particular spat is dying down I think.  We can be friends again now :)

I was more bothered by seeing some Villa fans stick up for Deeney yesterday!

I was only teasing, not offended....and yes, you can only fill the ground.

You have to remember, not all fans have a unified opinion.....us villa fans argue between ourselves at times, (as you will have noticed), i guess it's pretty much the same at all clubs.

I was in the Pub yesterday, with mainly Blue noses and they was all banging the Drum for Deeney who is also a Blue Nose ( He despises Villa, so that's a strange one from Villa Fans)born in Chelmsley Wood.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Can’t knock the season you’ve had for sure and you’ve played some good football, which isn’t surprising.  Hopefully, we’ll be joining you soon and have two good local teams in the top half of the Premier League. 

One observation from yesterday was our previous winger (Adama) doesn’t seem to have learnt anything!  He can beat 2/3 players with ease, but his final decision, pass or cross is just awful. Very infuriating to watch. 

• Like 1

Â