Jimzk5

according to FM the percentage is attributed to any payments they end up making, so 20% of the £10m, then if they have to pay £2m when he reaches 30 games we get 20% of that, £2m if he scores 10 goals we get 20% of that etc etc

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

according to FM the percentage is attributed to any payments they end up making, so 20% of the £10m, then if they have to pay £2m when he reaches 30 games we get 20% of that, £2m if he scores 10 goals we get 20% of that etc etc

Great for us.

Credit (begrudgingly) to Dr Tony. The Traore/Adomah swap has been excellent for us for the past two seasons, not only that we've managed to get a few squid from a sell on clause. 

Shame to miss out on a talent like Traore, but we were not the right club at the right time for him. Don't tell Wolves, he's not all that consistent, he'll frustrate the hell out of them. 

Excited to see him.

The Boro away game was one of the only games where our defence really struggled with a player (I know, I know, leave it yeah ;) ).  Douglas and Boly had their hand full with him.

We have some decent options going forward now.

Adama has the potential to be great if someone can coach him to put his head up and look for a pass at the right moment. But if Barcelona can't do that then I think every other club might struggle too, however it might come with age and maturity. 

What I will say, is that he's very fun to watch! In our season where we got relegated without even putting up a fight, he was the only entertaining thing about that Villa team. 

Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Wolves and playing back in the Premier League. 

39 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Excited to see him.

The Boro away game was one of the only games where our defence really struggled with a player (I know, I know, leave it yeah ;) ).  Douglas and Boly had their hand full with him.

We have some decent options going forward now.

He did pretty well in championship but premier league be was shite.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He did pretty well in championship but premier league be was shite.

Yeah, that's my reservation too.  I'm hoping he's getting better with age as he's still only 22.

On the other hand, I can see him being really useful as a sub.  If we're winning a game by the odd goal in the second half, I can see him being really useful at keeping the opposition in their half end product or no end product.

19 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Yeah, that's my reservation too.  I'm hoping he's getting better with age as he's still only 22.

On the other hand, I can see him being really useful as a sub.  If we're winning a game by the odd goal in the second half, I can see him being really useful at keeping the opposition in their half end product or no end product.

he'll be like gabby, the opposition defence will have to adjust their line to match up against up, they should play deeper meaning that the likes of neves and moutinho have more space to play in 

but seriously i dont even buy in to the "frustrating" tag, he's shit, he's got less of a footballing brain than gabby, the barca stuff is guff that means nothing, he played in a barca b team that got relegated, for us the excitement of seeing him run at people masked what he was actually doing, I've never seen someone find so many cul-de-sacs, he cant pass, can barely cross (that 1 assist for Gil's goal is an awful cross) but he can run really fast and beat 3 players!!! its just a shame the 4th player will take the ball off him

surprised any villa fan still rates him after the play off semi finals, hutton had him on a plate, any PL left back should be able to do the same

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy81 said:

I've genuinely never seen such a brainless player and that includes last season, especially in the playoff semi finals where he made the worst decisions on the ball at every opportunity and was dominated by Alan Hutton.

He's a phenomenal athlete with a little bit of technical ability but as radically underdeveloped as a footballer as you will ever see. I doubt he'll be much of a success for you lot, expect him to be most dangerous as an impact sub.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â