Jimzk5

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yay...we got to a final....A few years ago...For a cup we've not won in 62 years. Not to mention the absolute battering we got in the final.

Embarrassingly small time, but I've  come to expect nothing less from @villareport. 

Meanwhile they're comfortably in the top half of the PL and we're hoping to get in to the playoffs. Not a good time to be taking the piss, lads.

We got to the last final at the old Wembley and only lost narrowly, thanks to Dropsy James.

9 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

We got to the last final at the old Wembley and only lost narrowly, thanks to Dropsy James.

I can't see how this has anything at all to do with what I posted.

Why would you counter my post about it being absurd to mock a team for losing a semi final based on us winning a semi final years ago, with a post about how we also lost another final 20 bloody years ago? Losing in a final that I seem to recall being suggested was one of the worst ever FA cup finals, so long ago that even Blues have won a trophy since then, hardly seems like something to brag about.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Well that is just sad considering our "cup runs" usually only lasts for 1 at best 2 games each season.

If we were waiting in the final it would have been another thing.

8 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Historical factual accuracy is important. Villa have at least been to 2 finals since Wolves. BTW Villa have also never lost a 79th minute 2 goal lead in any semi or final.

Just drop it, this is embarrassing :( 

• Like 1

I imagine the person who runs villareport gets a fair bit of stick, a percentage of that will be from Wolves fans, so I get the holder of that account wanting to have a dig when the opportunity arises. They did likewise when Fulham were relegated I think.

Still petty as **** though. Holding a semi final win from 2015 as some sort of benchmark to laugh at another club is fairly dismal. “Mind the Watford gap” would have been a little bit wittier.

• Like 1

Â