Media and punditry

BOF

Faye Curruthers Talksport England correspondent is so biased towards Southgate, like she thinks she won't get the interview if she gives it anything negative. Just agrees with everyrhing Southgate says. She really is a poor reporter if you want unbiased opinions. For example, she even agreed Southgate shouldn't have played Foden when all other media are fighting for him to be included. 

• Like 1

Couldn't watch Senegal v Ecuador because ITV website won't let me thanks to an adblocker, so stuck with the dying minutes of Netherlands v Qatar, and **** me Clive Tyldesley and Ally McCoist complaining about the world changing around them is just like overhearing a conversation in a prostate doctor's waiting room. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Listening to the majority of pundits now is like having VIP access into Steve Bruce’s brain. So much time spent praising keeping it solid, being patient and the need for a moment of magic from a Grealish, a Foden, a miracle worker etc…

Where’s the insight? And why are we subjected to generic statements constantly. 

where have I heard that before 

North Haverbrook? Where have I heard that name before? Oh no, OH NO! :  r/TheSimpsons

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm sure sky did it first off for Mounts freekick vs us then changed their tune and again tonight for rashford... Why do commentators say free kicks are right in the top corner when they're not? It wasn't even close

It was nowhere near the corner. Instead right down the keepers throat and at head height. I said in the match thread it was like Steers dive v Chelsea last season. They just want to portray these amazing moments that aren't really that amazing.

I have to say, the football quality in this tournament is shockingly poor up to now.  

Mental Health is a serious thing but these 2 I am sorry I dont buy for a minute especially with that cretin Morgan interviewing them.

This is an interview to test the waters for a return to UK TV, Keys conveniently hinted at the weekend he wanted to work again at home

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Lee Dixon is an appalling commentator. After Henderson scored “that’s what he’s in the team for” What with his massive 3 goals in 73 record. 

Yeah that one baffled me totally. Completely nonsensical statement. The problem is, they feel they have to say something at all times, so they do, even if it makes no sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Lee Dixon is an appalling commentator. After Henderson scored “that’s what he’s in the team for” What with his massive 3 goals in 73 record. 

His 1 goal in 15 games career record is as elite as you get

Â