Media and punditry

BOF

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

She speaks like a mouse and sits there leaning back with her arms folded. Personality of a goldfish. I'm sorry but she one of the worst football presenters there is. Shows no energy at all.

Very pretty, but thats really not my point.

You can't speak about a goldfish like that on this forum. 🤣

20 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

MOTD all about how Spurs lost the game and not how we won it. Typical media bias s***. 

half time on Sky they only talked about the brilliant Kane chance, was nothing about the Watkins chance

25 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Don Goodman was on co-comms on Sky. Can anyone enlighten me as to why he seems to despise us?

Ex Dog Head and Baggies player and a bitter bugger to boot. 

Edited by theboyangel

25 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Ex Dog Head and Baggies player and a bitter bugger to boot. 

And and an absolute t***** in person. Horrible, arrogant man who hates the fact he never got to play for the biggest club in the region and slags us off because of it.

• Like 1

Quoting myself here from the Buendia thread but this really grinds my gears as Homer would say. Was the same in the Swedish studio after the game. They spent 20 minutes discussing Spurs and maybe 2 about Villa. And then on to the Chelsea game.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

No idea who this guy is but his motivation for the 2 Villa players kinda sums up media and where Villa ranks as a club for them. 

Garth Crooks' team of the week: De Gea, Pinnock, Thiago Silva, Shaw, Buendia, Luiz, Odegaard, Eze, Saka, Toney and Gray

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64139811

Emiliano Buendia (Aston Villa)

When are Spurs going to get a top-class goalkeeper? One who can save the team points and not cost them matches? People keep telling me he's won a World Cup so he must be good. France won the World Cup in spite of Hugo Lloris not because of him.On Sunday, the shot by Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz was a routine save for a decent goalkeeper but such is Lloris' lack of concentration the ball rebounds of his chest and allowed the excellent Buendia a bite at the cherry. Make no mistake, this Tottenham defeat by Villa is even more excruciating as their North London rivals sit seven points clear at the top of the Premier League table at the start of the New Year.

Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa)

There can be no doubt that the arrival of Unai Emery has served to galvanise the Villa but Spurs are starting games desperately slowly these days and are suffering as a consequence.Something is not quite right at Tottenham at the moment and I'm beginning to wonder whether Antonio Conte is the right man to fix it. There was a distinct lack of urgency, passion and defensive nous among the Tottenham Hotspur rank and file. I've already aired my thoughts about Hugo Lloris but Spurs also need two centre-halves in order to give themselves a real chance of securing a top-four place.

• Haha 3

Reads like “I’ve got so much I want to say about Spurs but all I have is this stupid regular team of the week column”.

Shame it’s at our expense, which is becoming a recurring issue.

Yesterday during the match when we were winning 1-0 BBC headline for the game was something like 'Villa take lead to shock Spurs', might have even been 'stun' can't remember for sure, I know Spurs would have been favorites, but they made it seem as if Spurs were losing to a lower league team not a fellow Premier League team.

And then when we scored the second, in the text commentary underneath the update after the goal initially it just said 'oh dear' as if it was all about Spurs and what it meant to them, and again 'oh dear' makes it sound like Spurs losing to us is some sort of major upset.

• Like 1

Â