Media and punditry

BOF

On 17/10/2022 at 07:42, Davkaus said:

To be honest, I find it utterly grotesque. Tens of thousands of Americans gathering in place to have a sing song, watch the Big Game and wave their Arsenal and Liverpool flags. The PL is far, far too big and global. Great for certain people's wallets, shit for "legacy" fans, and shit for the success of local teams in that country.

it's really just the Americanization of the game & complete difference of sporting culture. and all about the money -- that's why every sport is experiencing the playing games abroad phase, exploiting new markets to get even more ca$h

On 17/10/2022 at 07:43, VillaChris said:

Was wondering what happened to Shearer on MOTD over the weekend.

Does he actually do pundit work on US TV or did they pay him and Wrighty to fly over as former premier league greats?

Rebecca Lowe looking good, she was always excellent presenter on Setanta/ESPN before moving to the States.

He doesn't do pundit work -- NBC only has a certain cast, like Lowe, Higginbotham, Robbie Earl & Robbie Mustoe, + Tim Howard. All of the other material that we can watch is provided by the Premier League Productions. And Lowe is absolutely an excellent presenter. 

• Thanks 1

Courtney sweetman kirk who did our game yesterday is literally the worst pundit ive ever heard. The most biased and literally clueless commentary was ridiculous 

The part of the game where she was trying to find a penalty for them befor ethe actual handball was laughable.

Noy doing themselves any favours with womens punditry with clowns like this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Courtney sweetman kirk who did our game yesterday is literally the worst pundit ive ever heard. The most biased and literally clueless commentary was ridiculous 

The part of the game where she was trying to find a penalty for them befor ethe actual handball was laughable.

Just glad I don't watch any of these wankstains, I'll stick to good old-fashioned  radio coverage :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just glad I don't watch any of these wankstains, I'll stick to good old-fashioned  radio coverage :)

I dont blame you. If that witch ever does anymore of our games ill be muting or changing the channel.

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Had to Google who she is. No surprise she is an ex Liverpool player. Not sure why the media insist on shoving these poor pundits down peoples throats because they played for a certain club

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wondered who she was, I mentioned it in the match thread

About 10 minutes in luiz made a few one twos with our defence and broke out, she berated him, said it was stupid and Newcastle were unlucky not to punish us, botman did the same with pope a few minutes later and he was prime beckenbauer

And not to forget the dick head who was alongside her with his comments

"The good times are back for Newcastle and here to stay" "it's a full house at st james park, but it's not surprising as it's Newcastle"

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The media have always loved Newcastle, but it's got absurd now.

"They love their goalscoring number 9s up there"

**** off.

I know. The love in with the Geordies is way over the top. The co-commentator I listened to was celebrating one of their goals. I was fuming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

And not to forget the dick head who was alongside her with his comments

"The good times are back for Newcastle and here to stay" "it's a full house at st james park, but it's not surprising as it's Newcastle"

Ian Crocker is generally pretty decent to be fair, but yeah was biased last night 

4 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I know. The love in with the Geordies is way over the top. The co-commentator I listened to was celebrating one of their goals. I was fuming. 

They ascribe this mystique to Newcaslte and St James' Park in a way they simply don't do to other clubs (except Liverpool and Man United).

• Like 1

Â