Media and punditry

BOF

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Just heard Savage promoting his phone in, waffling about our running stats and why the difference. 

When will these idiots get it into their heads, Gerrard is a shit manager?! 

They going to be going on about this all season?! 

Emery's success makes them so mad because it shows up their golden boy for the fraud he is.

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have to say carragher was really **** irritating today worse than normal. Please dont do any more of our games you clown.

Bitter his mate gerrard got sacked me thinks

Liverpool pundits like him watch football through the prism of linking everything to Liverpool.

He was brown nosing Adam Lallana today, who played for 5 minutes, even though he is way down the list of top Brighton players, trying to big him up like was some kind of important cog for them.

52 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Liverpool pundits like him watch football through the prism of linking everything to Liverpool.

He was brown nosing Adam Lallana today, who played for 5 minutes, even though he is way down the list of top Brighton players, trying to big him up like was some kind of important cog for them.

Agreed  its not evn close how biased he is towards anything  liverpool. Our own lee hendrie when does sky games i feel he at least tries to stay neutral. Carragher couldnt be quicker to award the pen to Brighton and he loved reminding us eveey two seconds that he couldnt believe it wasnt a pen

I generally avoid or ignore Savage, Murphy, Souness, Carragher, et all. So anything they say I tend to receive second hand on here or similar.

But I would be curious to know if they were asking the same “Well why weren’t  the players doing this for Smith?” style questions when Gerrard had his initial good run.

Or was it more a case of “This is what Steven Gerrard does, born winner…” style opinion.

I have a suspicion as to what the correct answer to that is, but it is just my cynical hunch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I generally avoid or ignore Savage, Murphy, Souness, Carragher, et all. So anything they say I tend to receive second hand on here or similar.

But I would be curious to know if they were asking the same “Well why weren’t  the players doing this for Smith?” style questions when Gerrard had his initial good run.

Or was it more a case of “This is what Steven Gerrard does, born winner…” style opinion.

I have a suspicion as to what the correct answer to that is, but it is just my cynical hunch.

Souness is a real Dinosaur on football these days. Earlier this season he was trying to wriggle out of giving an opinion on Gerrard about to get sacked by us as he claimed he didn't know him at all (I'm sure in last 20 years Souness has attended over a hundred Liverpool games so laughable opinion).

At least with Murphy and Carragher I can understand the lengths they go to defend him as ultimately he was their team mate and captain and part of successful Liverpool teams so it's human nature to defend a friend even when they're in the wrong.

• Like 1

On 17/10/2022 at 07:42, Davkaus said:

To be honest, I find it utterly grotesque. Tens of thousands of Americans gathering in place to have a sing song, watch the Big Game and wave their Arsenal and Liverpool flags. The PL is far, far too big and global. Great for certain people's wallets, shit for "legacy" fans, and shit for the success of local teams in that country.

TBF, the incredible success of the Premier League has played a key role in the creation and steady growth of MLS. 

I do have sympathy for long term local and so called legacy fans who can't get a ticket because 500 overseas fans scarffed them up. Victims of the success of the league.

Despite the global popularity of the PL, and all the money involved, the match production is sorely lacking, IMO.

NFL stadia are rigged with more cameras, including some that slide on cables or are affixed to drones.

Exterior shots of the ground and surrounding area, fans entering, parking lot, etc. They all add to the viewing experience.

Premier League game production is much less dynamic. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I do have sympathy for long term local and so called legacy fans who can't get a ticket because 500 overseas fans scarffed them up. Victims of the success of the league.

I have only seen the Villa live four times .... the last three times in the second tier.

Villa 1-3 Leicester (1960)
Blousers 4-0 Villa (1968)
Norwich 1-4 Villa (1975)
Villa 2-1 Derby (1986)

Essentially lived abroad since 1980. Would love to see them one more time in the prem before I croak
Probably won't because all those bloody faithful local fans.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, maqroll said:

Despite the global popularity of the PL, and all the money involved, the match production is sorely lacking, IMO.

NFL stadia are rigged with more cameras, including some that slide on cables or are affixed to drones.

Exterior shots of the ground and surrounding area, fans entering, parking lot, etc. They all add to the viewing experience.

Premier League game production is much less dynamic. 

I agree with this, they haven't really moved with the times via production. Football on Amazon, even though was a bit sketchy, they had cameras you could switch to like you were in the crowd, looking all around.

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

As someone who works with the young generation in a school, I'm familiar with him. That he was able to get this sort of airtime shows how the world (and media in general) has continued to shift towards those who are the loudest

He got a lot of hype over the weekend but still dont know who or what he is. Seemed just a typical United fan

Sky Sports still employ Jamie Carragher who spat on a child

Edited by Zatman

Been talked about for years that there's some really good intelligent proper in depth analytical podcasters and you tubers out there who should be involved with the TV coverage

Of course when sky finally dabble in it they will get someone who is instead brash and loud, glory hunts a sky 6 team and is there to just spout the same shit in a different younger voice

The appetite to cover football properly and explain to the viewer what they are actually watching without being condescending simply isn't there - from the viewer or the TV companies

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Been talked about for years that there's some really good intelligent proper in depth analytical podcasters and you tubers out there who should be involved with the TV coverage

Of course when sky finally dabble in it they will get someone who is instead brash and loud, glory hunts a sky 6 team and is there to just spout the same shit in a different younger voice

The appetite to cover football properly and explain to the viewer what they are actually watching without being condescending simply isn't there - from the viewer or the TV companies

On the Quest EFL coverage they had Ali Maxwell and George Elek from not the top 20 football podcast and they were very good alternating most weeks and giving quick concise information on league 1 and 2 teams alongside an ex pro/manager on the highights.

Neither have been used by ITV yet despite claims they would be but they're two of the best I've seen and many more around if you look hard enough as you say.

That Goldbridge guy who does Man. United stuff has a show on Talksport but never listen to it as I assume it's Sky 6 centric even if none of them have played on that day (he hosts on a Saturday at half 7).

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

He got a lot of hype over the weekend but still dont know who or what he is. Seemed just a typical United fan

Sky Sports still employ Jamie Carragher who spat on a child

Now now, he didnt spit on the kid, to be fair he missed his target.

back on topic, yes, was quite annoyed that United Influenza had about 5mins of airtime straight after our victory, Sky could have spent that time allowing Jamie C to rant on the injustice Brighton suffered.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

On the Quest EFL coverage they had Ali Maxwell and George Elek from not the top 20 football podcast and they were very good alternating most weeks and giving quick concise information on league 1 and 2 teams alongside an ex pro/manager on the highights.

Neither have been used by ITV yet despite claims they would be but they're two of the best I've seen and many more around if you look hard enough as you say.

That Goldbridge guy who does Man. United stuff has a show on Talksport but never listen to it as I assume it's Sky 6 centric even if none of them have played on that day (he hosts on a Saturday at half 7).

Goldbridge is a bit. He was embarrassed last week on Fosters podcast as he said before it that De Gea was United best player vs us

Cutler and Foster then dissected how he had a nightmare 😂

Â