Media and punditry

BOF

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Laura Wood talks like she is a doctor delivering dreadful news to a patient.

I've got yoghurts in my fridge with more enthusiasm. She bores the hell out of me.

I agree, pretty girl in gets lots of work shocker, Darts, Amazon, Talksport, Skysports, ITV for world cup, boxing Dazn, I'm sure there's more.  It's not talent, cause you can't know everything you need to know on all sports, an as you say, she has the personality of a lump of wood.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I agree, pretty girl in gets lots of work shocker, Darts, Amazon, Talksport, Skysports, ITV for world cup, boxing Dazn, I'm sure there's more.  It's not talent, cause you can't know everything you need to know on all sports, an as you say, she has the personality of a lump of wood.

Talksport is a radio station for a start :D 

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I like Laura Woods. Think her job is to play it straight and keep all the big personalities / alcoholics happy talking shite, which she does well. She doesn't pretend to know any more than she does.

It's the chin stroking pundits who piss me off.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I like Laura Woods. Think her job is to play it straight and keep all the big personalities / alcoholics happy talking shite, which she does well. She doesn't pretend to know any more than she does.

It's the chin stroking pundits who piss me off.

She speaks like a mouse and sits there leaning back with her arms folded. Personality of a goldfish. I'm sorry but she one of the worst football presenters there is. Shows no energy at all.

Very pretty, but thats really not my point.

19 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

She speaks like a mouse and sits there leaning back with her arms folded. Personality of a goldfish. I'm sorry but she one of the worst football presenters there is. Shows no energy at all.

Very pretty, but thats really not my point.

Isnt that not what a good presenter should do and let the guests speak

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isnt that not what a good presenter should do and let the guests speak

No. A good presenter needs "present" and be engaging. Which she really is not. But she fits the current narrative and as such we can expect more of the same.

24 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Wow haha, Laura Woods as a culture war issue.

She is part of the current trend if that's what you mean but I would have no problem with her if she had some spark about her. She just doesn't.

Personal preference I guess. 

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

well you said she got a job because of her looks, nobody knows what you look like on the radio

TalkSport upload a lot of stuff to YouTube

I bet her videos get more clicks than Alan Brazil! 😜 

Â