Media and punditry

BOF

Awful news about the journalist, but honestly, I can't believe that the Qatari government have anything to do with this. They aren't North Korea, and they're not going to tarnish their big successful event like this.

Plus he had already been stating he'd been ill with bronchitis.

Unless there is some genuine evidence I'm not going with the "he was murdered" line.

• Like 1

Getting quite bored of Alex Scott trying to do a 100mph tactics masterclass at half time. Actually don’t mind her as a pundit and she’s better than most of the men, but she needs to change up that routine a bit, especially when it’s a game that nobody gives a shit about.

On 11/12/2022 at 06:22, rodders0223 said:

Eni Aluko is absolutely abhorrent. There's Phil Neville and Danny Murphy level then there is this lunatic 

Absolute drivel and a thoroughly unlikeable person

Yeah didn't like how she got the England manager sacked when she was playing. A few players fell out with her over it, although she got her pay off from the FA so left happy.

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Getting quite bored of Alex Scott trying to do a 100mph tactics masterclass at half time. Actually don’t mind her as a pundit and she’s better than most of the men, but she needs to change up that routine a bit, especially when it’s a game that nobody gives a shit about.

I like her, and I find the tactical stuff she says insightful. I'd far rather listen to that than the alternative, which is content-free guff about how such-and-such need to try harder to get more of the ball in the second half. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I like her, and I find the tactical stuff she says insightful. I'd far rather listen to that than the alternative, which is content-free guff about how such-and-such need to try harder to get more of the ball in the second half. 

Yeah, I've no issue with her being on there, and she's light years ahead of Souness, Keown, etc who just phone it in and bang on about character and winning battles. Just feel like sometimes she turns a fairly ordinary passage of play in a nothing game into more than it is. She's not the only one... Shearer does it, Richards does it. Maybe I've just watched too much WC football and getting tired of all of them.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Is it me or are the Amazon Prime commentators particularly pro-Liverpool? Even more than you'd expect?

Isn't one of them ex Liverpool player Jim beglin? At least it was on my stream. That might explain it. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Is it me or are the Amazon Prime commentators particularly pro-Liverpool? Even more than you'd expect?

Their comments on Nunez for the 20 seconds after the 3rd goal confirms it

Townsend said something like it makes up for all the missed chances, you just can't beat that kind of running

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Their comments on Nunez for the 20 seconds after the 3rd goal confirms it

Townsend said something like it makes up for all the missed chances, you just can't beat that kind of running

You can't tbf. He's pure chaos and run our entire backline ragged

Shame he has bananas for feet though.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Mos def. 

I turned the comms off, couldn't listen to more than thirty minutes of those two Liverpool - biased polesmokers. 

Â