Media and punditry

BOF

On SBS it's like a retirement home for UK commentators and pundits Martin Tyler, Ian Brotherton, Andy Townsend, Matt Holland.  And Bozzy in the studio, addicted to an iPad, looking a bit fuller of figure, or face at least, but actually pretty good with analysis.

I would say that for the first time in a long while, ITV have trumped the BBC. Pougatch is dull, but Woods and Seema Jaswal are very good hosts.

I also like McCoist on co-comms as you can tell that he simply loves football, unlike Keown or Murphy.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 04:17, Tomaszk said:

Pien Meulensteen is a really good commentator. Not heard her before this world cup.

She's good, but it's jobs for the boys. She got to the top because of her dad, there are plenty of other female commentators who have worked at Sky for years who haven't had a look in.

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

She's good, but it's jobs for the boys. She got to the top because of her dad, there are plenty of other female commentators who have worked at Sky for years who haven't had a look in.

Its probably because they work for Sky 😉

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

You think BBC make commentary bookings based on if their parents were Premier League coaches?

She did Women's euros and other less A-List events last year, and built up to this.

The comms on sky just aren't as good as her. She'll be one of the first women to start doing really big matches soon, guaranteed. Miles better than the first few like Jacqui Oatley.

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The terrifying thing is that when Lineker retires they will replace him with either  Jermaine The One Show Jenas or Mark Chappers Chapman.

Christ, protect big ears at all costs

8 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I would say that for the first time in a long while, ITV have trumped the BBC. Pougatch is dull, but Woods and Seema Jaswal are very good hosts.

I also like McCoist on co-comms as you can tell that he simply loves football, unlike Keown or Murphy.

I normally love McCoist as a commentator, but he was waxing lyrical about Mbappe’s finish today… it was scuffed and deflected. Weird.

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Christ, protect big ears at all costs

I normally love McCoist as a commentator, but he was waxing lyrical about Mbappe’s finish today… it was scuffed and deflected. Weird.

Because it's a pass to him from about 7 yards at marginal pace and bouncing. It was a good finish to control it.

I don’t don’t think dean saunders is massively up to date with the Croatian team today given he’s half time summary on talkshite 

“Canada we’re well in it, then those 3 central midfielders for Croatia really changed it, with modric and….. especially modric”

• Haha 1

On 25/11/2022 at 04:17, Tomaszk said:

Pien Meulensteen is a really good commentator. Not heard her before this world cup.

She graduated in 2019... I need her to be terrible, rather than proving that I am an old underachiever. 

Edited by Django_Zooms
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

She graduated in 2019... I need her to be terrible, rather than proving that I am an old underachiever. 

If you had worked hard and been Rene Meulensteen's daughter you could have achieved this, and you might not even have had to work that hard to be honest. 

Â