Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He has to be one of the worst shooters to ever play professional football.  Without exception when you see the ball falling for him and lining it up you know it's going to go either high or wide or tamely at the keeper. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I really hate the abuse Westwood gets but his time is up. He is dreadfully short on confidence and if jedinak is playing the defensive role then  that makes him unneeded. Tishbola should have played instead I think. AW has always been the deepest lying mid but that has to be jedinak if he can break thinks up and protect the back four like today. Gardener is more attacking and from the choice we have right now tishbola seems to be somewhere between the two. No badfeeling towards Westwood from me but he is at the end of the line well and truely at the moment, Jed, Tish/Bacuna and Garderner for me at mo

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

he is a defensive midfielder who cannot win a tackle or a header

Thats pretty much the crux of it really. He isnt a defensive midfielder in the traditional sence, he isn't a controlling Pirlo sort, he isnt box to box, and he isn't a creative player. So what is he? what does he offer?

Ok he does some things well and could maybe be effective in the league which we found him, but he simply doesn't have the ability for where we are, or indeed where we want to be.

With many of us thinking that he isn't even good enough at this level, its no wonder we got dumped out of the league above considering he was virtually ever present.

Ashley Westwood is what, 5"9, and about 70 kilos? That's too small for a defensive mid. The turnstiles getting into the stadium would offer more resistance. According to his bio, he is actually a playmaker.

More like a playbreaker.

• Like 1

I think its all been said.

not all player problems can be remedied just when we want.

However, if we do not deal with clear player issues......we will be here in another 5 years.

l'm sure that will not be the case.

ps Hutton was poor too.

Edited by TRO

As a defensive midfielder he doesn't win headers, doesn't tackle, doesn't press well and lacks physical attributes to be a presence.

Gollini, Baker and Chester had a good game yesterday - and that's because they got proper cover from Jedinak.

We need either Tish or Bacuna in Westwood's spot, with him being Jedinak's backup.