Ashley Westwood

Nabby

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Totally missed the point.

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Nothing wrong with criticism. Heaven knows everything isn't sunshine and rainbows here. But players who play for the club still deserve a level of decorum I'd hope, no matter how bad of a job they're doing and especially if they're giving their all every time.

But I don't believe that is truly consistent and why I think the over-support (again, as want of a better phrase), has continued with regards Westwood now that the outrageous claims of his talent, are clearly wrong.

Nobody stuck up for emile Heskey for example who was a far far far better player than Westwood is.

And there is no doubt, emile Heskey received OTT criticism.

Edited by Woodytom

There's actually more genuine posts saying Clark was the future England captain. I wonder why Woodytom was never in Clark's thread banging the same drum as in here.

Also the first recorded mention of Westwood being future England captain was Woodytom in this thread, with a subsequent 8 mentions since.

Absolutely class isn't an 'outrageous claim'. Especially if it was posted after a game where he genuinely played well or was in a good run of form. You said it yourself, fans go over the top about players when they're playing well.

Don't think I've seen one post that said we WILL lose him to Man United. Again, saying we COULD after a good run of form, is hardly an outrageous claim.

In truth, the only 'outrageous' claim is the future England captain stuff that you totally made up.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Absolutely class isn't an 'outrageous claim'. Especially if it was posted after a game where he genuinely played well or was in a good run of form. You said it yourself, fans go over the top about players when they're playing well.

Don't think I've seen one post that said we WILL lose him to Man United. Again, saying we COULD after a good run of form, is hardly an outrageous claim.

In truth, the only 'outrageous' claim is the future England captain stuff that you totally made up.

It really depends on your interpretation of Westwood. But I can honestly say he's never been anywhere near absolute class.

And yes, people were saying that he could attract United. Again, outrageous.

Folks, I think the threads are easier to read when we talk about our opinions on Ashley Westwood - not about our opinions on the opinions, real or imagined, of other posters opinions of Ashely Westwood.

Simply - can we stop talking about each other please and let this thread be about Ashley Westwood.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Folks, I think the threads are easier to read when we talk about our opinions on Ashley Westwood - not about our opinions on the opinions, real or imagined, of other posters opinions of Ashely Westwood.

Simply - can we stop talking about each other please and let this thread be about Ashley Westwood.

That's great. That's what was happening until a certain point. Check back to see when the sniping about other posters started this evening.

26 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

So ppl didn't say he was absolutely class and that we'd lose him to man utd?

Players change over a period of time.  For a while when he signed he looked really promising.  He'd stepped up a few levels and was looking pretty good.  Perhaps it was being part of a consistently poor team that has just halted his progress, similar to Weimann.

Sometimes players improve beyond expectation too.  At one point you said Delph was the worst player to ever wear a Villa shirt, and he's now winning league titles.