Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Well friggle me backwards with a teaspoon. 

Because of a comment in the January transfer thread I checked when Ashley's currently contract expires. 

It seems that in August 2015 we gave him a new 5 YEAR CONTRACT.  5 blinking years only signed last year. 

And guess what,  at the time he signed this he was STILL CONTRACTED TILL 2017 ANYWAY. 

I mean what the hell were they thinking? 

Why offer another 5 years two years ahead of the contract being Up? 

I understand that for a top star especially if they cost a lot of money and you don't want to lose them for free but Ashley Westwood.  What the Hell? 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Because of a comment in the January transfer thread I checked when Ashley's currently contract expires. 

It seems that in August 2015 we gave him a new 5 YEAR CONTRACT.  5 blinking years only signed last year. 

And guess what,  at the time he signed this he was STILL CONTRACTED TILL 2017 ANYWAY. 

I understand that for a top star especially if they cost a lot of money and you don't want to lose them for free but Ashley Westwood.  What the Hell? 

I need training for that:)

If I was Ashley Westwood (and the money he is on).....I would be in that gym in my own time with an image of David Davis's Torso and not come out until I had mirrored his definition.

.....well the odd cup of tea.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2016 at 18:34, blandy said:

Not really. Abusing Villa players (rather than criticising for individual performances) is not really the sort of habit I'd imagine any Villa fan would be proud of.

As someone who thinks he's got weaknesses in heading and tackling, and he's capable of being decent in a number of areas, I find it comical the extent to which some people are seemingly determined to repeatedly post exactly the same comment over and over again in this thread. What have we had now, Lambo, Timbo, Gardo and er, Bruce, oh and Eric Black - 5 managers/coaches and they all select him for the team, when surely if he really is "shit" and the worst ever and so on, they surely all are derelict in their duty? because the only other explanation is that he isn't "shit", and that couldn't possibly be the case, could it - because the same people have said it so many times on so many occasions, that automatically overrides the knowledge of the people who train him and pick him 

perhaps " shit" is the lazy way of writing "limited"

....3 less letters to type;)

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, TRO said:

If I was Ashley Westwood (and the money he is on).....I would be in that gym in my own time with an image of David Davis's Torso and not come out until I had mirrored his definition.

.....well the odd cup of tea.

David Davis, Minister for Brexit?

On 02/11/2016 at 18:34, blandy said:

Not really. Abusing Villa players (rather than criticising for individual performances) is not really the sort of habit I'd imagine any Villa fan would be proud of.

Hi there, are you new to VT? :detect: 

• Like 2

On 02/11/2016 at 18:34, blandy said:

As someone who thinks he's got weaknesses in heading and tackling, and he's capable of being decent in a number of areas, I find it comical the extent to which some people are seemingly determined to repeatedly post exactly the same comment over and over again in this thread. What have we had now, Lambo, Timbo, Gardo and er, Bruce, oh and Eric Black - 5 managers/coaches and they all select him for the team, when surely if he really is "shit" and the worst ever and so on, they surely all are derelict in their duty? because the only other explanation is that he isn't "shit", and that couldn't possibly be the case, could it - because the same people have said it so many times on so many occasions, that automatically overrides the knowledge of the people who train him and pick him 

I think you could make a very good argument for Lambert, garde, Sherwood and black for being derelict in their duty. 

Those managers choosing westwood is hardly a vote that it was a sensible decision. 

And it seems Bruce had to use him due to injury, our previous back to back wins saw him play no part at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think you could make a very good argument for Lambert, garde, Sherwood and black for being derelict in their duty. 

Those managers choosing westwood is hardly a vote that it was a sensible decision. 

And it seems Bruce had to use him due to injury, our previous back to back wins saw him play no part at all. 

Not a very good one. 

On 11/3/2016 at 21:42, sidcow said:

I'm no ITK and this may be completely mistaken, but I think Tom Fox was renewing contracts that summer in order to insert a clause in them giving an automatic wage reduction in case of relegation. I believe this was discussed on here contemporaneously, but I might be wrong. 

Of course the decision looks wrong in hindsight, because he sucks now, but I guess you need to remember that in August 2015 he was just coming off a few good months under Sherwood, and we were in the process of losing another starting midfielder as well. If he hadn't signed that contract, he'd probably still be here sucking but at twice the price. 

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Some 'grown' men on twitter justifying it too, because he is 'shit'.

Disgraceful. Anybody like that can **** off.

I had a bloke go off at me saying he was booing the decision. Like Westwood knows that. Either way, you're still booing

we have some idiot fans

• Like 1