Ashley Westwood

Nabby

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

https://www.villatalk.com/search/?q=england+captain&type=forums_topic&item=7124

Only mentions of future England captain in this thread, are fabricated accusations of people saying he'll be the future England captain :lol: 

No that actually 100% happened. Even his fondest supporters have agreed to this manyf times.

Now if that/those original posts have been edited I can fully understand why.

If I recall correctly it was during the short euphoric period of form under his first season under Lambert when Sylla was a great signing and Lowton would soon play in the England team 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

No that actually 100% happened. Even his fondest supporters have agreed to this manyf times.

If I recall correctly it was during the short euphoric period of form under his first season under Lambert when Sylla was a great signing and Lowton would soon play in the England team 

Oh come on.

There isn't a single post in the 500 odd pages of this thread making this claim, not one. You really think people have gone back and edited them out?

What there is are so many seemingly false accusations of this claim that it seems to have become accepted as being fact. 

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Oh come on.

There isn't a single post in the 500 odd pages of this thread making this claim, not one. You really think people have gone back and edited them out?

What there is are so many seemingly false accusations of this claim that it seems to have become accepted as being fact. 

OK

2 minutes ago, sne said:

That's fine, but going through that, it doesn't look like anybody ever agreed that it happened either. Unless of course those posts were edited too 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

**** hell, you make it sound like it's some conspiracy theory.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Even his fondest supporters

His fondest supporters?? ffs we're all villa supporters so we should all be his supporters.

It's absolutely mental how we even got to this point anyway.

1. Poster makes massively unfair comment about how Westwood "barely tries"

2. Another poster posts stats just to prove this sole point wrong

3, Third poster makes irrelevant post making fun of other users for things said over a 5 year period, and turns the thread toxic.

But apparently it's his 'supporters' who make this thread unbearable?

Come the **** on.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Just now, Woodytom said:

It without a shadow of a doubt happened. I wouldn't just make it up and it's very strange that other posters are now agreeing.

It wasn't said by many. Maybe once even, but it was definitely said. 

Not in this thread it wasn't.

Even if it was, which it wasn't, you have on several occasions raised it as a criticism of people who rate or previously rated him as if it was some widely held view. Which it wasn't.

• Like 2

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

**** hell, you make it sound like it's some conspiracy theory.

His fondest supporters?? ffs we're all villa supporters so we should all be his supporters.

It's absolutely mental how we even got to this point anyway.

1. Poster makes massively unfair comment about how Westwood "barely tries"

2. Another post posts stats just to prove this sole point wrong

3, Third poster makes irrelevant post making fun of other users for things said over a 5 year period, and turns the thread toxic.

Yes and some are fonder than others about certain players, nothing strange about that is there?

And don't drag me into that silly doesn't try debate, we've all seen the stats that prove he runs a lot.

Problem is his positioning, reading of the game and lack of awareness means too much of his running is wasted on him chasing and trying to get back into position.

Those 3 points you brought up has nothing to do with me.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

I've just done the complete opposite.

Hmm, no you've done exactly what @TrentVilla said

42 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I can't believe that the people who like him (as want of a better word) have gone from claims like 'future England captain, absolute class and carrick's replacement' to highlighting that he runs more than 10km :crylaugh:;)

I've just done the complete opposite.

Yes, just, after having done exactly what I said numerous times. 

Now I've pointed out that nobody has said it you are claiming it was said only once. Which it wasn't.

If it was said only once, which it wasn't, then you raising numerous times seems a little disproportionate don't you think.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

ffs we're all villa supporters so we should all be his supporters.

By that logic nobody should ever turn on someone associated with Aston villa. 

WE both know that is simply not the case. football promotes opinion and it really is OK for people to not be a fan of elements of a football club.

It's OK to criticise the football club you support.

WE both know that is simply not the case. football promotes opinion and it really is OK for people to not be a fan of elements of a football club.

Totally missed the point.

Just now, Woodytom said:

Nothing wrong with criticism. Heaven knows everything isn't sunshine and rainbows here. But players who play for the club still deserve a level of decorum I'd hope, no matter how bad of a job they're doing and especially if they're giving their all every time.