Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I'm no fan of Westwood, think he looked lost when he came on,  and doesn't offer much,  bottled challenges again..

However no player should be booed...  To be honest I couldn't hear anyone booing him from m1 in the Trinity,  none at all.

He's never awful,  but never really any good either..

I didn't really notice him much when he came on which is good. Obviously he's not going to contribute to a breathtaking attack or score a goal but he must not have given the ball away in a dangerous position or stifled an attack with negative play so a good day at the office for him. 

Booing is just plain stupid and counter productive. 

If your favorite darts player who you desperately want to win a major tournament was about to throw a dart would you stand beside him and whisper in his ear repeatedly "your going to miss" ? 

That's exactly what you are doing when you boo a Villa Player. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, richp999 said:

I'm no fan of Westwood, think he looked lost when he came on,  and doesn't offer much,  bottled challenges again..

Really? He did literally nothing wrong today. Helped to close out the game well. What chance does he have with fans?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Why dont you enjoy the victory today and take this up in January....

I have enjoyed the victory thanks, I couldn't really give a monkeys about Westwood to be honest. But when your own fans boo you when you come on the pitch, the obvious thing is to go, isn't it?

Edited by PieFacE

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I have enjoyed the victory, I couldn't really give a monkeys about Westwood to be honest. But when your own fans boo you when you come on the pitch, the obvious thing is to go, isn't it?

Nah the obvious thing would be for the 'fans' (if you can even call them that) to shutup and support their team. Its like some people would prefer we didn't get promoted so they can go,

'Its all Ashleys fault'

Ps if people continually boo their own player(s) then I don't class them as a fans..... id use choice words that I refrain from writing in a public forum.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Nah the obvious thing would be for the 'fans' (if you can even call them that) to shutup and support their team. Its like some people would prefer we didn't get promoted so they can go,

'Its all Ashleys fault'

Meh,  he's a shite footballer.  I don't agree with the booing or groaning as it sounded more like to me, but I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist about it.

I heard some boos over the periscoped wm radio feed at the half time whistle which I found a little odd considering it was 0-0.

I know the performance up to that point was pretty poor from both teams but why boo at this point. Must be a growing culture.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I just can't believe he's STILL getting boos. Does my head in. What I don't understand is how he gets booed and Gabby Agbonlahor of all people gets a big fat cheer. Truly mental. 

I will put my hands up to being the founder of the Steve Bruce wankfest...

You can speak to JAMAICAN-Villan about the founder of Agbonlahor's  :D

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Why dont you enjoy the victory today and take this up in January....

we still should be building for the future now and not in January regardless if we beat the 2nd worst team in division. Westwood leaving would be a huge boost for our midfieild

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

we still should be building for the future now and not in January regardless if we beat the 2nd worst team in division. Westwood leaving would be a huge boost for our midfieild

But he can't and wont leave until January...... at the earliest....... Therefore....... just enjoy the victory....... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Really? He did literally nothting wrong today. Helped to close out the game well. What chance does he have with fans?

He could have 4 assists and dribble past 10 defenders and chip the goalkeeper twice and people would still be like 'he looked poor. Bottled the celebration and too many sideways assists. needs to be sold in December'.

• Like 1