Ashley Westwood

Nabby

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I absolutely HATE him but I disagree with booing players so whenever he plays from now on I am going to hiss and jeer instead whilst making a thumbs down signal with the occasional throat slitting mime. 

Might I also recommend pinching your nose with one hand and waving the other in front of your face as if you just smelt something bad?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

He barely tries, in my opinion.

We truly are in the post-fact era. Stats were posted on the previous pages that showed he was our hard-working player last season. As I said, there's enough to hammer him with without making things up.

For me, he came through at a lower league club, got a move he probably never expected and has never stopped working hard, even when the ability often isn't here in games. If he performed consistently at the level he has done in certain games for us, he'd be a much better player. But the work ethic and effort has never been lacking.

And he gets absolutely hammered by his own fans for barely trying. It's madness.

• Like 4

He is so bad that he should be publicly stoned to death in the main square. He is charged with us being shite for 5 years, getting us relegated and finally being the sole reason that we are not top of the league.... he isnt allowed to defend himseld cos he is a liar and a cheat, an allround scoundrel who never passes forwards and never tackles.........

20 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He is so bad that he should be publicly stoned to death in the main square. He is charged with us being shite for 5 years, getting us relegated and finally being the sole reason that we are not top of the league.... he isnt allowed to defend himseld cos he is a liar and a cheat, an allround scoundrel who never passes forwards and never tackles.........

I hear he kicks cats as well.  What an arse 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We truly are in the post-fact era. Stats were posted on the previous pages that showed he was our hard-working player last season. As I said, there's enough to hammer him with without making things up.

For me, he came through at a lower league club, got a move he probably never expected and has never stopped working hard, even when the ability often isn't here in games. If he performed consistently at the level he has done in certain games for us, he'd be a much better player. But the work ethic and effort has never been lacking.

And he gets absolutely hammered by his own fans for barely trying. It's madness.

What stats? The one stat that shows he ran a further distance than anyone else? That doesn't make him the hardest-working player in the team. :lol:

Anyway I'm out because it's the same old shit with the same old people instantly jumping on my back every time I dare to make a post in here and it's really boring at this point.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I hear he kicks cats as well.  What an arse 

Thats it, I just heard he is mean to his mum. Grab your pitchforks men..... goin to handle this the ole fashioned way....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

What stats? The one stat that shows he ran a further distance than anyone else? That doesn't make him the hardest-working player in the team. :lol:

Wait a minute. You said he barely tries. I pulled up those stats to totally debunk that. If running the most distance in the team is barely trying then I don't know what the rest of the squad does to be honest.

Anyway I'm out because it's the same old shit with the same old people instantly jumping on my back every time I dare to make a post in here and it's really boring at this point.

Or you've pulled up for just making things up, moving the goalposts with your arguments, now taking your ball and going home?

Edited by StefanAVFC

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Wait a minute. You said he barely tries. I pulled up those stats to totally debunk that. If running the most distance in the team is barely trying then I don't know what the rest of the squad does to be honest.

2 things here. 

1 - midfielders will always run further.

2 - running isn't the only way to measure trying hard.

I can't say I've ever thought wow, Westwood works his socks off and tbh, it's a big pull for me. That's why I liked weimann so much. 

His energy and passion was second to none. Always struck me as somebody determined to develop. I never see that with Westwood. 

Shame that weimann also turned out to be useless.

Again,

The original post was "he barely tries". Running over 10km a game clearly isn't "he barely tries". That was the only post I quoted and disproved with those stats. Whether he's a midfielder or whatever, running over 10km a game is blatantly NOT "he barely tries". 

To argue otherwise would be mental. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Running over 10km a game clearly isn't "he barely tries"

Yes it is. He barely tries to stand still, in fact he barely tries to not try, instead he simply runs more than anyone else, and if that isn't the epitome of not trying then Donald Trump's a feminist.

• Like 3

Fair enough. misread it. 

About time this lad moved on for the sake of everyone involved, including us.

The fact he can not cement a place in this team, at this level, tells you everything you need to know. 

I've no idea how he us even up for debate. 

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

As an aside, I can't believe I'm having to justify that running over 10km game doesn't show that someone barely tries. Mental.

I can't believe that the people who like him (as want of a better word) have gone from claims like 'future England captain, absolute class and carrick's replacement' to highlighting that he runs more than 10km :crylaugh:;)

• Like 1

Highlighting things said maybe once or twice in a what? Five year period?

You win! You get all of the points. Congrats.

What a pathetic post.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I can't believe that the people who like him (as want of a better word) have gone from claims like 'future England captain, absolute class and carrick's replacement' to highlighting that he runs more than 10km :crylaugh:;)

I don't think a single person has ever claimed in this thread or anywhere else on VT he was 'future England captain'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think a single person has ever claimed in this thread or anywhere else on VT he was 'future England captain'.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they have. The first half of this thread is literally amazing.

Edited by Woodytom

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Oh, I'm pretty sure they have. The first half of this thread is literally amazing.

Well I've just searched the thread and I can't find it.

All I can find is several times where you've levelled this claim that others have said it, if they have I can't find it.

• Like 2

Just now, Woodytom said:

It was about the time Delph **** off to city and ppl were saying they could see Westwood going to the world cup instead of him :crylaugh:

Another thing that didn't happen.